Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Random Thoughts

The CFL regular season is over and it ended with a colossal thud. I was expecting a real battle between the Lions and Alouettes, but B.C. beat them from pillar to post. I think its safe to say the Lions are favourites to win the Grey Cup after seeing that performance. In the East, I have to hope Winnipeg can come through because if its Hamilton or Montreal, B.C should and likely will annihilate them in the Grey Cup.

I don't know about you, but I had no interest in the CFL games today. Perhaps it was just a Riders hangover, but I did a lot of channel changing during both games.

Tyler Seguin goes into Toronto and gets a hat-trick. Somewhere Brian Burke frowns.

If the Columbus Blue Jackets were a horse, they'd have been put down by now. That is a sad hockey team right now and a change is obviously needed.

Cherry Dr. Pepper is fantastic

The Big Ten Network showed a hockey game between North Dakota and Minnesota on Saturday night. This is the first time I have seen hockey on BTN, I hope its not the last.

A lot of people have expressed their thumbs up with Friday's shortened Sportscage in which I asked listeners and texters to tell me the one person they did NOT want to be the new head coach of the Riders. The answers went from Danny Macioccia (my pick), to Mike Kelly to Marcel Bellefeuille to Jim Daley to even John Lynch or Rob Vanstone. Everyone has their opinion as to who they want for coach so I thought I'd change it up.

One can only wonder what the U of R Rams might have done had Marc Mueller been healthy this year and not gone down on the first offensive series of the year.

The Oilers moms are on this latest road trip. CBC cameras caught the mother of Ryan Nugent-Hopkins just after he had scored. She didn't seem impressed. SMILE!! Be proud of your boy Mrs NH.

If Luke Schenn is going to get benched in Toronto, should the Oilers offer up a Magnus Paajarvi or a Ryan Jones or a Theo Peckham and a 3rd to try and get him. He is struggling right now, but a change of scenery might do him a lot of good.

Has anyone missed the NBA? I saw a poll this week where a majority of Americans could care less if the NBA were playing or not. That is not a good sign.

Will the NHL make inroads with the NBA on strike or will college basketball take the spotlight and fill the void.

I was hoping for a great game between LSU and Alabama. I didn't get it.

Nickleback at halftime of the Grey Cup. You know that will create waves. Hey, at least its not Michael Buble. That would have made me turn it to the NFL games for sure.

Speaking of the NFL, I can't see it happening, but I will absolutely love it if the Seahawks can walk into Dallas and knock off the Cowboys.

Week 9 NFL lock of the week--Pittsburgh over Baltimore
Week 9 NFL upset of the week---Washington over Niners (Chargers over Packers??)

Why do people spend so much time searching for the closest parking spot possible at the gym. Isn't that a little counter-productive??

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nickelback is a Canadian band. Way better than having the black eyed peas as they did last time in Van

Anonymous said...

The NBA? What's the NBA!

Lee-Anne said...

Danny McManus should be given an interview with the Riders for HC. He has experience as an OC with Hamilton, and he has the right personality for the job. Khari Jones too. Need an offense-minded guy for the job. Marcus admitted he wasn't ready for the job. No way will Hufnagel left Dickenson leave the Stamps, especially to a Western opponent. Huff will move up to GM only, and Dave will be given the HC job.
By the way, if the Ti-Cats don't get to the Grey Cup, Marcel will be gone, and there is no way he should be interviewed for the Rider job. For sure, I wouldn't renew my season tickets.

Lee-Anne said...

Listening to the Sportscage. It's sad but true. Rider fans actually do eat their young! Read Rod's blog and you will find out for yourself. Yeesh.