The weekly assortment of thoughts running through my muddled brain in no particular order
- Its Saturday night football at Mosaic and I can't wait. It is going to be a great night weather-wise and it should be a good game between two Western Division rivals. Here's hopin the old girl will be rockin and that the Rider Nation comes out in full force. Yeah, I'm guessing a lot of you will be in Craven and no, I don't know why the Riders have a home game going up against the Jamboree, but I'm still thinkin we can squeeze 30-thousand into Mosaic for a great night of Riders football
- OUCH!!! That's all you can say if a fan of Brazilian soccer. Who's kidding who, the Germans turned the host team into sauerkraut with a 7-1 win in the semi-finals. That would be similar to Hamilton coming in here last November and winning the Grey Cup 56-6.
- As soon as Dwight Anderson got traded, everyone started to wonder what he had done in Toronto to precipitate this move. Would the same reaction had been had if it were Tearrius George, Weldon Brown or Dominic Picard?
- Moms should tell their kids that yellow or green beans are yellow or green fries.
- There's no worse sound than the "poof" on the barbecue meaning you are out of propane midway through cooking something.
- For as long as I live, I will never, ever understand the allure of taking the old camper and parking it at Wal-Mart for the night.
- The American Hockey League is tweaking its overtime rule. The overtime has been expanded to 7 minutes. The first four minutes are played four on four with the final three minutes being three on three. I like that idea!
- What is happening with baseball pitchers and arm injuries. There are wayyyyy too many guys having Tommy John surgery and now Japanese sensation Masahiro Tanaka has an arm problem. This wasn't happening in the 70's or the 80's the way it is now and I would think bodies are more conditioned and looked after now.
- Someone needs to explain to me the rationale of Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos. Perhaps Anthopooulos needs to explain his rationale to upper management. This team is in desperate need of a number one starting pitcher or a 2nd baseman. What does Anthopoulos do??? He goes out and gets outfielder Nolan Reimold off waivers. Reimold is alright, but I think Anthony Gose was doing alright in Colby Rasmus' absence. That move was a strange one to me and one that will not get the Blue Jays back atop the American League East. Anthopoulos is slowly letting this season get away from him.
- We NEED this at the new stadium!!! There is no debate on the matter!
- Its National Free Slurpee Day at your 7-11 on which strangely enough is July 11. Who doesn't love the slurpee!! With it being sunny and in the mid 20s today, I'm thinkin a few of the delicious icy drinks will be consumed.
- Jean shorts can be a wonderful thing if you know what I mean guys------and somehow I think you do!!
- How much longer until the new NFL season starts??
- If you want to end your week with a laugh, check this out!!
Have a great weekend!! GO RIDERS!!!