Pages

Monday, December 28, 2015

Familiar Name to Manage Regina Red Sox in 2016



The Regina Red Sox will go into the 2016 WMBL season with a new manager.

The 2015 runner-up will go with Regina native and former Red Sox player Mitch McDonald to lead them through the season after being the assistant coach for the last two seasons.

MacDonald played with the Red Sox in 2006 and again from 2009-2012.  His Red Sox resume is quite impressive as he was the first player to win the WMBL Triple Crown and is a two-time league champion. During his last three years as a player he also served as the Red Sox hitting coach.
“I’m excited and humbled by the opportunity and responsibility given to me by Bernie, Gary and the Red Sox board of directors,” said MacDonald. “I’ve been part of the Red Sox organization in some capacity since I was 18 and I’ve enjoyed it every step of the way.”

No comments: