Pages

Friday, September 4, 2009

Week 10 CFL Picks

A 2-0 week has me at 20-12 going in. Here are my week 10 predictions

MONTREAL AT B.C.

The Alouettes are the class of the CFL and the Lions are a shadow of their former selves. I wonder if they are still licking their wounds after what happened to them at home against Winnipeg. The Leos have been hammered twice on their own turf this year as both the Bombers and the Stampeders laid a giant whuppin on Wally's boys. I'm thinking the hat-trick could happen on Friday. Yes, Montreal has not won in B.C. since 2000, but unless the Lions have smartened up somewhat I see the Alouettes ending that streak. Take Montreal and don't be surprised if its a one sided outcome.

WINNIPEG AT SASKATCHEWAN

What does Fred Reid have in his shoes for an encore. After running roughshod over B.C, he faces a Saskatchewan team that isn't exactly the best in stopping the run. After a week off, the Riders look like they are ready for the second half of the season. Many vets in that room remember the Michael Bishop experiment and they would love nothing more than to force Bishop into a performance like they one he gave the last time he was on the Mosaic carpet. Something tells me Wes Cates gets his game going again and that Darian Durant will have his best game of the year. I'm taking the Riders to take this one by less than two TD's.

TORONTO AT HAMILTON

I think the Argos are better than their record indicates, but coach Bart Andrus has made some dcisions that have cost his team---especially last week against Calgary. The Ti-Cats are also coming off a tough loss. Arland Bruce meets his old mates for the first time. He will be ready and so will Hamilton's defence at home. Take Hamilton here in what should be a good old fashioned knock em down drag em out affair. Tabbies by a TD

EDMONTON AT CALGARY

These two teams can't put on a better show than they did the last time they played can they??? If they can, I will not miss a snap of this game and I recommend you don't either. The Eskimos have spoiled the Labour Day of many Calgarians many times. It happens again this year. Right now, I think Edmonton simply has the better team. I'll take the Eskimos to win this one in what will be a close game that may once again go right down to the end.

No comments: