- This is the 11th time Winnipeg and Hamilton have faced one another for the Grey Cup. Winnipeg leads 6-4. The last time they met for the Cup was 1984
- Despite the fact they are the home team today, Winnipeg will wear their road whites seeing it worked in the WSF and WF
- Hamilton is the only team Winnipeg did not beat this season.
- A Hamilton win would tie Winnipeg for most Grey Cup losses with 15----the other team to have lost 15 GC's would be Saskatchewan
- This is the first time since 1980 that both teams enter the games with players at quarterback that were not their starter when the season started.
- Five of the last six teams to win 15 games in the regular season have gone on to win the Grey Cup
- This is the 4th straight GC for Hamilton DL Ja'gared Davis. He played in the last three for Calgary
- The last time the Grey Cup was in Calgary was 2009. If you need to remember what happened that night, go do a Google search or something
- Hamilton led the league in points scored per game at 30.2, Winnipeg was 2nd at 28.2
- Winnipeg led the league in rushing yards per game at 148, Hamilton led the league in passing yards per game at 313
- Winnipeg is the first 3rd place team to play in the Grey Cup since 2005 when Edmonton did it.
- Previous Grey Cup Experience: Of the 48 projected starters ... Winnipeg has 5 and Hamilton has 12 players.
Sunday, November 24, 2019
Grey Cup Notes
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Not a fan of either team, but after seeing Banks spout off on Twitter, I hope Bighill just crushes him at a key time and Winnipeg wins.
What a douchebag!
Harris stuffs it in everyone's face after what he went through this season and Winnipeg wins in a walk
I might watch it, but doubt it. Can't wait until Grey Cup Saskatchewan next year.
Post a Comment