Riders president and CEO Craig Reynolds spoke for over 20 minutes on Thursday morning about the search to replace Brendan Taman as general manager and vice-president of football operations. Reynolds had much to say, but here is some of it in highlight fashion
- Ideally, the new man will be in place by mid-December. He wants to develop a short list of four and says current interim GM Jeremy O'Day is one of those 4.
- There is a good foundation here, but change is needed
- It is not fair to critique what O'Day has done since taking the job saying that would not be fair to Jeremy
- Jeremy was a part of the 2015 season and how it went down, but he was also a part of the 2013 season and how it went down.
- It is not critical to hire a marquee name, but it is imperative he hire the right name
- The candidate could serve as both a head coach and general manager, but you need some special qualities to perform both
- Any decision made is one met with criticism. He is prepared to own the decision he makes and the ensuing fallout
- Some surprise candidates have come forth and interest has come from both sides of the border. He says having CFL experience is key