Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Ben Heenan Retires



Ben Heenan has surprised the football world by announcing his retirement.

The 26 year old. who was the first pick of the 2012 CFL draft, stunned the football world by making the announcement in a statement released by his agent.

The 6'4, 316 pound Heenan had signed with the NFL's Indianapolis Colts following the 2015 season. He attended the Colts training camp and was injured but later rejoined the club's practice roster in November.

Heenan started 46 regular-season games with Saskatchewan before signing with the Colts in February 2015.

``My achievements in football simply would not have happened without the outstanding people I have had in my corner, and I will be forever grateful to everyone who helped me play the game for as long as I did,'' Heenan said in a statement. ``I look forward to seeing what life has to offer after football.




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

???????

Anonymous said...

Did Benny have head problems? I knew his knees were bad, but this on the surface is making no sense unless it is concussion-related.


Steve

Anonymous said...

The big man should some kind of media event where he is sitting on his tractor to explain himself.

Anonymous said...

The Colts waived him and he said I don't want to play in a second rate league. It is as simple as that!

Anonymous said...

Farming is more profitable than playing CFL ball, simple as that.

Anonymous said...

Wrong! Farming pays better than CFL, simple as that.

Anonymous said...

Wrong, it's sweeter to drive a tractor