Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Rockhold Not At 100 Percent Going Into UFC 199



UFC middleweight champion Luke Rockhold is going to be hobbled for his bout at UFC 199 on Saturday. In his first title defense, Rockhold suffered a torn MCL while training and just started kicking again this week.

"I've been dealing with a knee injury," Rockhold said during the UFC 199 press conference on Thursday. "I'm not gonna lie. This whole camp. But I don't pull out of fights. I fight through injuries. I don't care what the circumstances are. I tore my MCL. I haven't grappled this whole camp. I just started kicking last week."

It's pretty crazy to think the champion is going to be as effective as he would be when fully healthy, but Rockhold is going to try and prove he can fight despite being hobbled. It will be interesting if Rockhold is unable to grapple or wrestle as its the aspect of his game he focuses on the most.

Since joining the UFC, Rockhold has yet to go the distance with three submission wins and two TKO victories. His lone loss coming in his UFC debut in May 2013 against Vitor Belfort when he was knocked out by a spinning heel kick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No thanks