The Canadian Football League unveiled today that Saskatchewan will play host to the first-ever CFL Week in March of 2017
The off-season gathering will include several major fan engagement events, multi-day media access opportunities to more than 50 prominent CFL players, a Hall of Fame and player Gala Dinner, a coaches’ media junket and a new passing showcase tournament featuring several of Canada’s top university football programs.
The week will be capped off with the CFL’s National Combine, where Canada’s rising stars will come together in Regina for the most social and most accessible Combine – for fans and media – in CFL history.
“CFL Week will bring together everything that is great about our league in one place for one exciting week: important football events such as our national Combine, opportunities for fans to meet and greet our biggest stars, and access for the media to the league’s biggest players and decision makers,” said Jeffrey Orridge.
CFL Week will bring together several fan-facing events and League-wide meetings, including:
• National Combine presented by adidas – with increased access for media and fans;
• Western Regional Combine presented by adidas;
• CFL/TSN Player Shoot – a CFL ON TSN production shoot with more than 50 CFL players, plus members of the CFL ON TSN broadcast team on-site;
• Media Days – interview and content opportunities with the CFL’s biggest stars;
• Fan Expo – kiddie combine, open mic with the Commissioner, meet-and-greets with players, player panels and cheerleading displays;
• Hall of Fame Gala Dinner – featuring Class of 2017 announcement;
• Coaches’ Media Event– featuring sessions with Head Coaches and GM’s of each team;
• CFL Rules and Competition Committee Meetings;
• Passing Showcase – tournament featuring some of Canadian Football’s rising USports stars;
• Football Saskatchewan Coaches Clinic – two days, sessions with 250+ amateur coaches, Safe Contact Training.
“It is an honour for Saskatchewan to be the site of the first ever CFL Week,” stated Riders President & CEO Craig Reynolds. “The week long showcase will put current, past, and future CFL stars in front of our amazing fans. We are looking forward to welcoming the entire CFL to our beautiful city and province.”