The Regina Youth Flag Football League has grown from 75 kids in 2007 to 2,500 in 2017. In recognition of this growth and enthusiasm for football, current Chicago Bears players (including two who have played professionally and collegiately in Regina) will be paying the league a visit as part of the NFL's initiative in bringing NFL PLAY 60 programming to Canada.
The visit is designed to reward the local youth who are embracing flag football as part of their recommended 60 minutes per day of physical activity, inspire others to join the PLAY 60 movement, and to provide local football organizers with the resources and expertise required to continue growing the sport. In addition to a clinic and tips from the Bears and PLAY 60 guest instructors, the youth will also have an opportunity to participate in an NFL PLAY 60 interactive zone.
The NFL PLAY 60 interactive zone will also be open to the public.
• Former CFL Saskatchewan Roughrider JERRELL FREEMAN (LB) has started 69 games in the NFL over the past five seasons; entering his second season with the Bears
• After starring with the University of Regina Rams in 2010 and 2011, AKIEM HICKS (DT) has played in 61 NFL games with the New Orleans Saints and New England Patriots, recording 140 tackles and 9.5 sacks. He joined the Bears as a free agent in March, 2016.
WHEN & WHERE:
Saturday June 17, 2017 - University of Regina Fields, 3737 Wascana Pkwy
- 10:00 a.m. to Noon - Chicago Bears and Staley Da Bear (Team Mascot) to lead on-field clinic for 300 10/11 year old flag football players
- 12:00 p.m. NFL PLAY 60 Interactive Zone opens to everyone else.
- 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. - Chicago Bears players participate in NFL PLAY 60 interactive zone