Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

Best And Worst Of The Weekend

There wasn't much sports-wise to talk about this weekend. It was very slow, but there was still a best and a worst. They both come from Friday's Rider game.

BEST--Weston Dressler's performance. He just continues to perform at a level of excellence for this football team. I remember a relative of Dressler's seeing me in the Southland Mall food court wearing a CJME jacket and he asked me if I worked in radio here. Once I told him yeah I was, he told me about Weston and his exploits with North Dakota and how he would be a star in this league. This was about a month before his official signing. After some surfing, I found he was quite the player, but how many guys have come to Canada with impressive resumes and failed. Watching Dressler the first day of rookie camp, you knew he was going to be a player and he hasn't disappointed. If his career is a long one, he might go down with some of the Rider all time great pass catchers like Elgaard, Fairholm, Dawson, Campbell, Walters, Kareem Kelly etc, etc.

WORST--Seeing the Riders bumble and stumble their way to not scoring a TD after being 1st and goal at the 1. There was so much wrong with that series that I could write a novel on this. I don't know how a team in the CFL can't get a yard when running the plunge seeing the defence has to give a yard. There has to be a major, major mistake and obviously there were three on successive plays for the green and white.


What was your highlight and lowlight for the weekend???
------
By the way music fans, KISS is coming to Saskatchewan. Tuesday November 10 in Saskatoon.
------
If you're bored at work today, here's a time-waster for you.

http://www.on205th.com/2009/08/todays-time-waster-average-joes-gym.html

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEST--I'll agree with you on Dressler. I don't even think we have seen him close to what he can do either.

WORST--Having the Giants lose two of three to the Rockies. I'm a San Fran fan and I'm going to be there when the first round of the playoffs are on. The only way the Giants get in is if they beat Colorado for the wild card.

Tim

Anonymous said...

Best--Yankees crush Red Sox in Boston taking three of four

Worst--Riders lose a game they should have won in Montreal. That chance doesn't come around very often

Portuguese Sensation said...

Best: The second unassisted triple play to end a Major League Baseball game.

Worst: The BC Lions getting their asses handed to them by the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

Anonymous said...

Best: Regardless of outcome just vegetating on a Friday Night and watching the TSN Double Header. A couple Rum/Cokes with a twists of lime along with some potato chips made for a nice end to a long week. I actually didn't mind that Bud Lime as I finally got around to sampling that at a BBQ on Sunday. Really is that any different than a Corona with a twist of lime?

Worst:
I finally see why people get upset at the Riders "3rd Quarters". I'm at a loss to explain that.

Obama

Anonymous said...

Best thing--Weston Dressler
Worst thing-Two CFL games and both were on the same night and I could only really watch one of them.

Paul