Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Bracketbusters Galore

Moments after Norfolk State had done the unthinkable as a 15 seed and defeated 2 seed Missouri at the NCAA Mens Basketball Tournament, ESPN came out with this gem. 6.45 million brackets were filled out for ESPN's Tournament Challenge game and there were two perfect brackets left. I can't see there being any perfect ones now. They said to look for upsets in this year's event and there were upsets galore on Friday after a relatively stable Thursday.

I was 13-3 after Thursday's games, but while I still have my final four intact, I finish the first round of games with an 18-11 record after a wild Friday that saw 8 lower seeds win including another 15 seed--Lehigh, who beat perennial high seed Duke and 13 seed Ohio who knocked off 4 seed "Mitch"igan.

I still have my final four of Kentucky, North Carolina, Michigan State and Florida State, but I have little left. I'm sure I'm not alone.
-----
The Pats go into the final game of the season sitting 6th in the East. They could be as high as 5th and as low as 8th by the time tomorrow is over. Regina struggled with a Brandon team that just seems to have their number this year as they beat the Pats 2-1. The two teams meet in Brandon tomorrow. THe situation is this...Saskatoon has 83 points followed by Regina and Kootenay who each have 81 with Brandon at 80. All we know after last night is Brandon won't finish 5th as they can't catch Saskatoon.
-----
How about the Winnipeg fans chanting "CROSBYS BETTER" to Alex Ovechkin on Friday night. That's great!!
----
I'm an Oilers fan, but I will admit that I don't think Cory Sarich should be punished for this hit because Hall was falling....



Nevertheless, it was an ugly hit. It will be interesting to see if Sarich gets a "Shanaban"
-----
I've got a gut feeling that Peyton Manning will be a Denver Bronco in the next 72 hours. What will that mean for Tim Tebow. He will resurface somewhere. I say Jacksonville.
-----
Do we really need to celebrate St. Patricks Day in Saskatchewan. After all, we don't need an excuse to wear green in these parts---especially from June till the end of November.
-----
Wrestling Canada says it needs a new coach before the 2012 Olympics. Has anyone called Leo McGee?
-----
I wish my Brita would purify my tap water into vodka.
----
Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say Taylor Hall is going to have a short injury filled carear... What other sports talk radio show in the country is only two hours, most are three hours and a lot four hour shifts by the host, if the sports cage is in fact popular, time for expansion... If RP doesnt want it, bring in a perm co-host...

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the Pats don't have to play Brandon in the playoffs.

Anonymous said...

Mitch:

Who is the clown on Twitter beaking about Mark Stone? Relax pal, Mark Stone won't be visiting the Brandt Centre again anytime soon.

Anonymous said...

Every day is St. Patricks Day in Saskatchewan. Pilzner should be a sponsor.