Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Sitting In 5th

Two games are left in the WHL season and the Regina Pats have climbed to 5th in the Eastern Conference standings. Jordan Weal scored his 40th and 41st(empty netter) as Regina beat Prince Albert in front of a crowd announced at just over four thousand. The win combined with a Moose Jaw shootout win over Brandon and an Edmonton overtime win over Kootenay means the standings look like this going into the final weekend

Regina 82 pts 2 games remaining ---vs Brandon at Brandon
Saskatoon 81 pts 2 games remaining ---at Swift Current vs Swift Current
Kootenay 81 pts 2 games remaining --vs Calgary at Calgary
Brandon 79 pts 2 games remaining --at Regina vs Regina

Its still anyones guess as to who will finish where. I would think right now that the Pats will take on Medicine Hat in the first round, but a much-anticipated showdown with the Warriors could still happen.

------
The WOLF 104.9's Seanna Jefferson is a beaut. I don't know how she got the idea in her head to live at the Brandt Centre for a week, but that's what she's been doing. She has her own little trailer to put her head down at night and she has the whole building at her disposal. I somehow see her in her nightcoat while in her reclining chair flipping the big screen TV at the one end of the rink to watch whatever. Would you want to live at the Brandt Centre for a week? She doesn't seem any worse for wear and she has given the Pats a lot of attention this week so good for her. I should have taken a teddy bear from my eight year old and given it to her, but who's kidding who, I don't want the wrath of Annika coming down on Daddy. I get enough of it as it is so why add to it when I don't have to! I just hope for Seanna's sake that after seeing some of the flotsam that hung around her trailer Wednesday night that security does a good job of checking out the BC to make sure everyone went home as she doesn't need any late night visitors----and that includes Cliff Mapes. (Just kidding Cliffy!!!!)
-----
-----
Great question by Rod Pedersen on Wednesday's Sportscage. He asked who has had the better junior career---Jordan Weal or Jordan Eberle. I said Ebs, but he went with Weal. What's your answer?
------
Is it just me or are the Brendan Taman haters very quiet these days. He just keeps bringing in some quality talent---or what appears to be quality talent. There will be several players to keep an eye on during training camp and if these players can adapt to the CFL game, Taman will have definitely found some keepers.
------
I love how NHL GM's can debate things like no touch icing and whether or not to get rid of the trapezoid, but lets not discuss how to reduce the amount of concussions there are. If that isn't the game's biggest problem, what is. Well, besides Donald Fehr being head of the NHL Players Association.
------
One advantage of the time change. How I Met Your Mother comes on in the middle of the afternoon and at 1230 in the morning if I wish to watch.
-----
I'm fully expecting Rams defensive lineman Akiem Hicks to be taken in the NFL draft. He had his pro day at Sacramento State on Thursday and reports say nearly two dozen teams were there to check him out. His days of three down football are over.
-----
The Madness begins on Thursday as the NCAA Mens Basketball Tournament begins. They are perhaps two of the most exciting days in sports as upsets, buzzer beaters and great games should dot the landscape. My final four---Kentucky, Michigan State, Florida State and North Carolina with the Tar Heels beating the Wildcats in the final.
-----
Is an elderly Mexican considered a senor citizen???

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good effort by the Pats last night. I was a little worried when PA cut it to 1, but the Pats played a pretty solid 3rd and were rewarded for it. I think they end up 6th and play the Hat.

LD

Anonymous said...

Weal or Eberle? What a great question! There isn't much separating the two guys, but I have to lean with Ebs just because of his time with the World Jr. team. If Weal had made this year's team and succeeded, I might have gone his way.

Darrell

Anonymous said...

Weal has been the better Pat. He has put up numbers right from the get-go and I don't think Eberle did that.

Jim

Kent said...

That's a great question. One I have even asked other people, i've gone back and forth but I have to say Weal. Both have put up numbers right from their rookie year, but Ebs had more to work with. Ebs played 254 games with 310 points= 1.22 ppg. Weal has played 278 games with 385 points =1.38ppg.

Anonymous said...

Hicks is a beast! He will get taken by someone late and be a starter for someone in the next couple of years.


Aaron

Anonymous said...

That's a real tough question between Weal and Ebs. I started thinking about that when Rod brought it up. Its tough, but I gotta go with Weal. Id be interested in hearing what Parker would have to say seeing he has seen both. I'm guessing Brent would never ever say anything publicly though until Weal leaves.

Anonymous said...

Seanna is a hoot both on the air and in person. The YouTube videos she has put up are great as well. She is supposedly doing her show from the hot tub today. I hope there is YouTube of that!

Anonymous said...

Weal is one of the all time leading Pats scorers. Eberle is not. If that doesn't tell you who has had the better junior career, I don't know what does.

Anonymous said...

Agree with you on Brendan Mitch. He
has brought in a lot of quality guys in the off-season. Looking forward to camp.


Tony

Anonymous said...

Eberle hands down. No debate in my mind.


Chris G

Anonymous said...

I wasn't at Pats game last night and I'm guessing it was mentioned over the PA system. Are playoff tickets on sale yet? When are gms 3-4? Thanks!


Kyle

Mitchell Blair said...

Kyle:

Playoff tickets go on sale Friday at 10 AM. Call Pats office @ 522-5604. It depends on who they play as to when they are on home ice.