Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Random Thoughts

--Damn its nice out there. When do the golf courses open?



--The golf bug has bitten me. I've been playing a lot of Tiger Woods 12 on the PS3 over the last couple of weeks. Shot a 66 at Augusta and had an ace on the 13th hole at TPC Scottsdale. Oh, if only it was that easy. Tiger Woods 13 comes out later this month. Uh oh!!!



--With all apologies to those that are hoping and praying for a first round Pats-Warriors series, I think Regina ends up going to Medicine Hat as they will finish 6th.

--I'm looking forward to seeing Tom Vernon's Pats story on "Focus Saskatchewan" this weekend. It airs at 630 Saturday night and again on Sunday, but I'm not sure what time. (If anyone at Global is reading and wants to add that in the comments section, please do so).

--Add me to the list of people that doesn't want to see Stevie Baggs wearing green. His act at the end of the 2008 season when he actually had the gall to run to the media to ask who they voted for for top defensive player was sickening and showed that he's a me guy. Its my understanding that attitude has not changed.

--The 25th annual Z99 Radiothon is on at the Cornwall Centre. If you have some spare change, call 522-KIDS and help save babies lives. Tell my former co-workers CC, Lorie and Buzz to wake up too.

--I went 13-3 on the first day of March Madness. I had Montana in an upset over Wisconsin, but I also had Virginia Commonwealth winning so I'll take that.

--The officiating job that Bill Leavy and crew did in Super Bowl 40 was the worst that I and many others have ever seen. The crew that did the Syracuse-UNC Asheville game yesterday was close to dethroning the champs.

--If Baylor is going to wear that fluorescent yellow uniform for the rest of the tournament, I hope they get knocked out on Saturday.

--A New York newspaper says "Beware of the Jays". Is anyone saying "Beware of the Cubs"?

--Its great that SHAW and NBA TV are showing games from the CIS womens basketball championship. I believe Access is picking up the SHAW feed as well. GO COUGARS!! Bring the bronze baby home to Regina for a 2nd time.

--Speaking of the Cougars, what a fantastic article on coach Dave Taylor in yesterday's LP. Great job by Ian Hamilton. Dave is one of my favourite sports personalities in this town---if not the favourite. He deserves every accolade he gets and I hope there are a bunch coming his way Monday night.

--What is Seahawks GM John Schneider waiting for? Matt Flynn is visiting your fine city and your headquarters. Offer him a contract he can't refuse and you have a new starting quarterback. DO IT!!!! If I remember correctly, the last former Packer you had as a quarterback (Matt Hasselbeck) did pretty well for himself.

--What is Vanstone going to do with his Tebow jersey(s) if Peyton Manning decides to play in Denver?

--I'm co-hosting the Cage with Rod tonight so I'll talk to ya then and I hope to see you at the Brandt Centre. Its a playoff like game against Brandon tonight so get out there and cheer this team on. Buy your playoff tix while you're at it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think there are many that no longer wishes to see Stevie Baggs in green.

Anonymous said...

Manning will end up with my Niners and Alex Smith will be the Dolphins QB. You will get Flynn. Relax!

West Central Dave said...

Hi Mitch, how about giving a plug to the U. of S. men's hockey team. Some big games coming up for them.

Thomasean said...

Hey Mitch, thanks for mentioning the Pats story we've put together! If people miss it tonight (Saturday at 6:30 PM) it will re-air Sunday morning at 11:30.