Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Home At Last


Amber Holland and her 2011 Canadian womens curling championship team was supposed to be home Monday, but due to the weather they didn't get back until Wednesday night. Regina was still waiting to welcome the team home with open arms. Around 200 people braved the frigid conditions to welcome Amber and company back to friendly ground and they were more than happy to touch down in Regina.

It was hugs all around as Amber and crew were greeted by many friends, family and well-wishers and as happy as they were to be home, you could also see they were tired and ready to spend a good night tucked nice and warm inside their own bed. They won't be there for long though as they will have to head Denmark very soon.

You can watch for interviews with Amber and 3rd Kim Schneider on "Locker Talk" next week with Pete Paczko.
-----
As we were waiting for Amber, I said to Rod Pedersen. "Can you imagine how the focus of the night would change if there was some high priced free agent getting off the plane to start talking with the Riders?". That simply would have been cruel for Amber and crew because YOU KNOW everyone would have been clamoring the football player.
------
Everyone is getting snappy because of these cold temperatures. I've had it. Can I have a few days of nice weather please?
-----
A Stanley Cup playoffs with the Flames and the Leafs is something I don't need to see.
-----
I need to get to the Civic Center to watch a couple of Warriors games before the season is over. I really don't know how I'll react when I leave that building for the last time. I am hoping to go to the Pats finale there on March 12 and I want to see a playoff game or two as well.
-----
TSN's Bob McKenzie is starting to wave "The NHL will return to Winnipeg" flag. I would love to see it happen, but I just can't at this time.
-----
Is "Hall Pass" worth seeing?
-----
An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise.

No comments: