Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

Friday Thoughts

After going out for beers with a bud, I saw the story of the Texas Rangers fan who fell to his death at the game Thursday night after reaching for a foul ball thrown into the stands from Rangers outfielder Josh Hamilton. I didn't really want to see video of said event, but I did. It left me as shaken and as sickened as I thought it would. What makes the video more appalling is that the Oakland color guy(name I do not know) appears to laugh after a replay of the man tumbling to his death. I would hope an apology would come from this individual and really I would hope the Athletics tell him his services are no longer needed. I can't imagine what must have been going through the mind of his young son who was likely excited to be at the ball game with dad and getting the excitement one minute of perhaps his favourite player tossing a ball into the stands to him followed by the horror that followed. As for Josh Hamilton, I am sure he is wrestling with some demons as well, but what are you supposed to do.
----
How many games would Toronto have won this year had it not been for Frank Francisco. The guy is just downright terrible.
-----
I can't believe how many Rider fans have fallen off the bandwagon after just one game. Where will those people be in November?
-----
Are there really some out there who just sit by their keyboard or their phone waiting for the Riders to fail so they can furiously type away or make that call and think they are a somebody. If you are one of those people, you are a sad, sad individual. If that's what turns your crank though, you go at it.
-----
Rider offensive co-ordinator Doug Berry was very candid when on the CKRM Coaches Show Wednesday afternoon. I asked Berry why the Riders didn't try to go deep against the Eskimos. He gave a very concise and a very thorough answer as to how the Edmonton defence wasn't allowing the deep ball but that Montreal's d gives them a better chance at throwing the home run strike. Not many coaches would get that deep into why something wasn't done.
------
If you don't have air conditioning, are you sleeping downstairs too?
-----
Goodbye Gerry Steen....we hardly knew ya! Then again, was anyone listening in the first place....not from the ratings I saw.
------
Fear not NFL fans, I think the end is near and that the lockout will be over by this time next week.
------
High Impact Wrestler Rex Roberts was a guest on Access 7's Locker Talk with Pete Paczko and myself this week. I'm not the biggest Rex fan and he hears that at every show I attend. It was fun talking smack with him in the studio and it will be fun booing his no good cowboy butt at Friday's show. He'll be expecting so I can't let him down.
------
Seeing the Montreal Canadiens are in need of a new play by play man since they changed their radio rights, can I start the Rod Pedersen to Montreal rumour? I know he had an interview to be the Oilers guy, but I've heard his name connected with Winnipeg and another city where no one has left yet. Then again, why would RP give up his cushy gig as Rider p x p man and Sportscage host.
--------
I've had enough of the mosquitoes.
-------
Smokin Okies never fails to deliver when it comes to curing the appetite.
------
Congrats to former La Ronge Ice Wolves Marc Andre Carre and Travis Eggum for inking pro contracts with Rio Grande of the Central Hockey League. The two players were a treat to watch this past season. The bad thing for fans of the Ice Wolves is without Carre, I don't know if Bob Beatty can get his team to three straight SJHL championships. If he does, change the name of La Ronge to Beattyville.
-------
Troy Brouwer was on CKRM's Sportscage this past Wednesday. When you look at all the great names the Warriors have had, where does Brouwer fit on that list? Is he top 10? I asked him if the Washington team he is going to reminds him of the Chicago team he was on that won the Cup and he said yeah the puzzle pieces do look the same. Don't be surprised to see Washington come out of the East next season.
------
Who do I talk to to get old "Married with Children" episodes back on TV every night. Al Bundy was simply the greatest!
------

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Oakland announcer probably feels enough like a douchebag...that's punishment enough. I do think an apology is in order.

Anonymous said...

I saw the incident on TSN this morning. What a terrible and tragic thing to happen. I can only wonder what went through the mind of Josh Hamilton as all that went down.


Allan

Anonymous said...

I love the 30 degree days, but I hate the 30 degree nights. Thank god, I have a hide-a-bed in the basement.


Shannon

Anonymous said...

Troy Brouwer in the Warriors top 10? Really? I can think of many players that have worn that Moose Jaw uniform and had a bigger impact in MJ than Brouwer.

Dustin

Anonymous said...

Who's Gerry Steen?

Anonymous said...

I'm almost thinkin' that the Warriors have had many more great names than the Pats have had.