Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

This And That

The Riders performance or lack of it has obviously dominated things over the past couple of days, but despite what one may think, the day to day operations of the /=S=/ is not the only thing happening. Just some other things crossing my mind....


--Congrats to Dan McIntosh. He is the new 6 o'clock anchor at CTV Regina. He has informed me that his famed yellow sports jacket may become a thing of the past.

--The city must do something to protect motorists on the Ring Road in the wake of Tuesday's tragic accident in which a car lost control and crossed the median hitting another car head-on. A barrier of some sorts should be put up. There are way too many accidents on the Ring Road (most of them because of driver stupidity) and something needs to be done. I am actually amazed that more people don't see their lives come to an end on the Ring Road with the way some people drive.

--Is it just me or has Tad Kornegay made his release all about him thus making him look like a "me" guy. I understand his frustration in being released by the Riders, but asking Rider fans to start a "We want Tad" chant at the next home game is a little narcissistic if you ask me.

--In looking at the film of Saturday's debacle in Hamilton, not only was Kornegay steamrolled by Marcus Thigpen, but it was also him who was burned terribly by Marquay McDaniel on that 2nd and short play in the first quarter. It almost appeared as if he gave up on the play and was fortunate to see McDaniel drop the ball. Was that the reason for his dismissal?

--Some of you commented as to the sound quality of yesterday's interviews from Mosaic. Lets just say its not easy to have the greatest quality of sound when there is an 80 kilometer an hour wind howling through.

--I really don't know if I'll watch the new Two and a Half Men with Ashton Kutcher taking over for Charlie Sheen. I'm not that big a Kutcher fan.

--Congrats to the Regina Red Sox for winning the East Division title. Still a lot of work to do for Rob Cherepuschak's gang as they look for a league title, but they have the talent. Here's hoping the weather co-operates so the finals can be played the way they are supposed to instead of being shortened or not played at all as has been the case the last two years.

--There has to be a relationship somewhere between the Western Hockey League, SHAW TV and the recently put out of work Peter Loubardias. It would behoove Shaw and the WHL if it asked the voice of Junior Hockey in this country to be their play-by-play man this winter. Speaking of Peter, I find it very gutless of Sportsnet management to not say why Loubardias was let go. There are rumours that hockey honcho Scott Moore didn't like Peter's style. If Moore can actually say that and then listen to some others that do hockey on his network then its obvious Moore really doesn't have a clue about what a good hockey broadcaster is.

--What comes first. A Rider win or the announcement of a Pats head coach?

--Is Rob Vanstone on holidays or not? The man has written two columns while on his holidays from New York on the state of the Riders. There is devotion and there is being a workaholic----I think we know where Rob is on that ladder. SHUT YOUR COMPUTER OFF ROB!!!! Enjoy New York City!

--Speaking of Vanstone, the two of us along with the one and only Tony (don't hate me cuz I'm sexier than all of you) Playter went to Moose Jaw last Friday night for wrestling seeing Principal Richard Pound was involved. It amazes me as to how this event wasn't the first one in the brand new Moose Jaw multiplex. And yes, all of Moose Jaw's finest were there with the exception of one Rob Carnie and one James Gallo. It is obvious that something pressing must have come up for them to pass this event by on their social calendar.

--Rob and I have determined that the Principal should be named to Canada's Sports Hall of Fame. How does one go about in nominating someone for that? If not the Canadian one, then the Regina one for sure.


--Is Chris Osgood a Hall of Famer? That's an interesting debate.

--Is Dave Dickenson a Hall of Famer? That too is an interesting debate.

--If the Blue Jays were in the American League Central, they would be in the midst of a pennant race. How can they be in a pennant race when they play alongside the Yankees and Red Sox. It just won't happen unless baseball expands its playoff system.

--Has anyone seen an NFL preview magazine on the store shelves? Are people like Pro Football Weekly and ESPN just waiting for the lockout to end before putting out the yearly mags?

--Listening to people talk in the US, it doesn't look like we will see the NBA for a long, long time. Unlike the NFL, there is seemingly no optimism for both sides to get together on a labor deal in the basketball world.
What if anything will the NHL do to try and make Americans notice their game with pro basketball on the sidelines.

--My PS3 has been dormant for at least a month. I guess I should get back to playing Tiger Woods 12 or go out and buy NCAA Football 12, but its too nice outside to spend the day inside playing video games.

--As you know I do sideline work for CKRM during Rider games. I think I can truly say that if you look down at the visitors sideline, you will be able to spot me like a sore thumb---unless of course the game is played in a driving rain then I may blend in. Lets just say bright yellow is NOT my colour. Oh well, at least I have logoed clothing from the big 620 and I'm not even a full time employee. I worked at the other place for how many years and got I think one piece of clothing with the logo on it and then they changed that logo a short time later.

--One of my Facebook friends believes Brendan Taman and I were separated at birth. The way things are going in Riderville, I hope no one mistakes me for Brendan. What an insult for Taman as well as he weighs quite a few pounds less than me.

--Can you win a lifetime achievement award twice?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am surprised that not a lot was made of the beer cans that came flying onto the field on the east side (Sec. 27) at the last Rider home game, some close to the referee. I understand the anger at the ref, but throwing stuff on the field is idiotic. I hope that they caught the morons who were doing it and banned them for life. Still surprised that they have not converted to cups on the east side.
KJ

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that someone else is thinking the same thing I am when it comes to Kornegay. I felt bad for him and was angered when the move first came out, but he has really changed my stance with his "poor old me" attitude. Suck it up and try to get on with someone else. Don't take potshots at the team on your way out and ask for fans to yell your name. Sounds very Stevie Baggsish is you ask me.


Riley

Anonymous said...

KJ, are you making up stories? Are you like the NDP and fabricating a message? I sit on the East side and I didn't see any beer cans being thrown at the last game.

Anonymous said...

Couldn't agree with you more on the Ring Road stance. I won't drive it during rush hour because stupidity rules the road.



BT

Anonymous said...

No question, I sit on the west side and saw 2 beer cans hit the field, one quite close to the referee after a penalty against the Riders. You could see the beer spray from the can. The guys I sit with also commented on the lunacy at the time.
KJ

Anonymous said...

The Pats Training Camp begins in less than a month and still no Head Coach or Assistants? How are these new guys supposed to come in and figure everything out in just weeks? Wake up Lang.

Anonymous said...

Kornegay retweeted a fan who stated he was going to start a "We Want Tad" chant.. hardly trying to get the fans to start one on his own.

He re-tweeted several positive messages sent towards him.

C'mon Scruffy, that's as bad as the CJME guy tweeting that Taman said Kornegay's tweets hurt his trade value, when in fact he said they didn't, his contract value did.