Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Riders/Red Sox

If every day was like today, it would be great watching the Riders do their thing. It was so great that even the dastardly one---Dan Plaster-- showed up to see what was going on. The only thing that spoiled the day was the re-emergence of the wasps.

I have to admit I'm a bad blogger, because I meant to see if Wes Cates was back out there working with the first team offence and then I forgot all about it. Thus, I can't answer that question. I do know that James Robinson was working with the first team offence as an outside receiver with Efrem Hill with Weston Dressler and Chris Getzlaf inside. I guess this means Jason Clermont could be going back to the bench to be used as a 5th receiver when need be.

Jerrell Freeman wasn't wearing pads, but I'm told he's just resting after suffering various bumps and bruises during the Calgary game. Speaking of bumps and bruises, the media were quite interested in talking to Tristan Jackson today after his hellacious hit on Romby Bryant at the end of Saturday's game. I will repeat what I said after the game Saturday. How did Bryant hang on to the ball after being crushed by Jackson who has really emerged on the corner this season. Does Brendan Taman get any thanks for orchestrating that deal?

I had a good chat with Gene Makowsky today for a story that will be on Riderville.com later this week. As you know, Geno will set the Rider record for games played when he dresses Friday in Vancouver for Game 272 surpassing the legendary Roger Aldag. This really shouldn't come as a surprise seeing he is an offensive lineman, but #60 has never scored a touchdown. I'd love to see him get one before his career ends. Hey, if Marc Parenteau can have a TD why can't Geno?
-----
The Regina Red Sox and Moose Jaw Miller Express have set the dates for their best of 5 WMBL Eastern Division final. Games 1 and 2 will go in Regina Thursday and Friday. Game 3 will go in Moose Jaw Saturday with Game 4 in Moose Jaw if necessary happening Sunday. Game 5 would be Monday back in Regina if needed. All games start at 705. With Game 1 happening on the same night as Great White, Warrant and Slaughter at the Ex and Game 2 going on the same night as the Rider game, this blogger might have to head to Ross Wells Park on the weekend to check out that series.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The human purple crayon, Dan Plaster........lol

Anonymous said...

Thursday/Friday. Why not go Wednesday/Thursday and avoid the Rider game altogether. I'll be like you Scruffy. I'll be at the Ex Thursday and the Rider game on Friday. I guess it will have to go 5 for me to see a game in this series.


JN

Anonymous said...

I don't think Cates will be going this week. It sounds as if the job might be Charles for a while.

Anonymous said...

Come on down to Moose Jaw to watch the game folks, we have a great park here cold drinks and good food.