Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Random Thoughts

A lot of things rattling about the old cranium today so in no particular order, here we go.


--Karma is a bitch isn't it Michael Ignatieff. You wanted an election so badly and how did Canada respond? We told you to get out of our lives and we gave the Conservatives a majority government. Nice move Mikey!!

--How much longer until Justin Trudeau is given the task of rebuilding the Liberals?

--For all the heat that the Conservative MP's from Saskatchewan took over the last year, I thought a message would be sent in one or two ridings. I guess not.

--I thought Brent Williamson's team at Global did an outstanding job in bringing us election results last night. CTV did a great job as well. I was watching Amanda Ferguson do a report from the Conservative headquarters when I saw a Scruffy look-alike over her shoulder sitting at a table. Moments later, a friend of mine texted me to say he saw me shoving something down my face at the Conservative headquarters. It was not me. Who was it? Is there a Scruffy look-alike running around town. Poor bastard!

--My youngest daughter's first ball game (if you want to call it that) went last night and as a young child will do, she wanted ice cream when it was over. We headed over to Coldstone/Tim Horton's to get something. Its the first time I've been there. It might be the last for a while. When it takes you over a half hour just to get to the till, there's something wrong--especially when the line wasn't that big to start. It doesn't take that long at the Milky Way when the lines are longer and frankly, I like what they give me just a little bit more.

--Canada beat Switzerland in overtime at the World Hockey Championships today. When can we start putting Switzerland up there as a hockey power with Sweden, Finland and other European countries.

--Names you can just pencil in for Team Canada at the 2014 Olympics. Jordan Eberle, Jeff Skinner, Alex Pietrangelo, John Tavares and Carey Price.

--The NHL wants to crack down on the green guys (I think one of them is really Canucks fan Jamie Nye) in Vancouver. The NHL has already said it doesn't want the octopus on the ice in Detroit. Why is the NHL concentrating on these things while sticking its head in the sand on the headshots issue?

--TSN interviewed Dan Shulman this morning on being a voice that told America on ESPN's Sunday Night Baseball that Bin Laden was dead. The WWE showed a clip of John Cena announcing Bin Laden's death after Sunday's PPV. That's an honour you'll always remember.

--We will likely never know who fired the fatal shot that killed Bin Laden(and that is a probably a good thing for all involved) so I will just go with Jack Bauer. Agree?

--The Sports Emmys were handed out last night. Pete Paczko and his Access 7 Locker Talk were once again unjustly denied. Thats probably because Pete needs a better co-host and yes, I'm talking about you Carlo Palazzo. Who else would I be talking about? Oh wait!

--One good thing about the NHL not being on ESPN. If it was, we would likely lose James Duthie. In my mind, he has passed Ron McLean as Canada's best sports guy. Because I have never ever seen James up close and personal, I will still give classiest sports guy around to Ron McLean.

--Has anyone ever watched the UFL? Is Rams defensive lineman Akiem Hicks off to that league after being drafted last night. It might bode the young man well to stay right where he is.

--I will reserve judgment on the one day walkout by Saskatchewan teachers later this week, but I invite all blog readers to tell me what you think.

--MAXIM magazine has released its top 100 hotties of 2011. What ape had the distinction of picking names out of a hat. I thought SI swimsuit model Brooklyn Decker would win this thing going away. I was shocked to see Decker at 36. Others ahead of the lovely Ms. Decker include Avril Lavigne (AVRIL LAVIGNE????, Kate Middleton, Taylor Swift and a couple of ladies that I've never heard from (Cobie Smulders, Jennifer Lawrence). Jennifer Aniston didn't even make the list. PFFFFT!!! There are some in Regina that I would put on that list ahead of some that made it.

--I didn't know spicy Motts Clamato could lose its taste if it sits in the fridge too long. I think I swallowed a glass of vinegar this morning. YECCHHHH!!!

--When will the Playstation Network be up and running again?

--Do you ever wonder what the guy who invented milk was doing with that cow in the first place. Think about it!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

As always a great read, but I will take the opportunity to use the comment section. LOL.

"Why is the NHL concentrating on these things while sticking its head in the sand on the headshots issue?"

I will shoot back and say ... why do media types have no independent thought process? 'Head shots' in hockey are simply the flavour of the day for you people. While serious in nature there is no definitive way to cut them out. Its a contact sport!

Why have you not asked what Dana White is doing about the head injuries suffered at the latest UFC (a picture you posted) or the fact his star athlete almost permanently lost vision. Nope ... no comments on that. Haven't seen any up roar regarding those. Seems hypocritical.

I think it is time for UFC to wear padded hats and face protectors!

Am I missing something?

Anonymous said...

Brooklyn Decker may be the hottest woman to ever walk the face of the earth!

Anonymous said...

Interesting comment to lead this one off. It does raise a good point as to why no one asks UFC to do something to control headshots yet the NHL is seemingly criticized for not doing anything about it. As a UFC and an NHL fan, I've never really thought about it, but a good point can be raised.

Dan

Anonymous said...

I'll go with ya on Jack Bauer. I bet Chloe led him all the way through on her computer too.

Anonymous said...

"Am I missing something?"

Off the top of my head, I would say brain cells.

Anonymous said...

Goodbye Mr. Ignatieff. May we never, ever hear of you again


A disgruntled Liberal

Anonymous said...

Oh good, the kids get a day off Thursday. They haven't one since how long!! You can reserve judgment all you want, but here's the bottom line, teachers today are a joke compared to what they were 20-25 years ago. I don't think my son has come home with homework once for the past two years. Didn't we have homework every night whether we needed it or not. Shut your yaps and get behind the desk and do something.

Dennis

Anonymous said...

Show 100 men on the street a portfolio of Brooklyn Decker pics and 100 men a portfolio of Avril Lavigne and tell me how many would say Avril is hotter. That list has no credibility whatsoever.

Brooklyn Decker fan!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you on Coldstone.

Anonymous said...

UFC should be outlawed.

Anonymous said...

Why is it that other than Peter Forsberg you'd have a tough time naming a Swede that picked up the pace and stared in the NHL playoffs?

West Central Dave said...

Nik Lidstrom

Anonymous said...

Johan Franzen? Henrik Zetterberg? Thomas Holmstrom?