Pages

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Its Here!!!!



Good morning Rider Nation! The day has arrived! The Riders and the Ti-Cats meet in the 101st Grey Cup in what is the biggest football game Mosaic Stadium has ever played host to. The old girl will definitely be tested tonight as 45-thousand football fans----I'm guessing a majority of then wearing green---will cheer the Riders on to what will hopefully be their 4th Grey Cup championship.

The weather is co-operating --albeit the wind will be a factor. I am just wondering with the wind being a little strong if the chants of HENNNNNNNN-RYYYYYYYYYYYY will be heard in south Regina and parts beyond.

No one wants to think about the Riders losing and I don't either, but with Kent Austin on the other sidelines, you have to be prepared. The job he has done with the Tiger-Cats has been amazing----especially when you consider that technically they haven't played a home game all season. They are battle-tested.

If this game was being played any other place than Mosaic, I might be more worried about the Austin factor but I'm not. Ti-Cats punter Josh Bartel had a quote this week about the weather saying he will be complaining a lot if its this cold and CJ Gable wasn't exactly enamoured with our climate either. While it will be warmer, I don't think Hamilton is in this game. The Riders win 33-24.

I don't know what will happen inside Mosaic and I really wonder if some fans will try to swarm the field. Part of me thinks that would add to the experience, while another part of me wants the fans to be off the field so the Riders can have the stage all to themselves. Part of me also wonders what happens win or lose out on the streets. I think and hope Rider fans are mature enough to celebrate or sulk without creating damage and being stupid.

Enjoy the 101st Grey Cup!! Its a day you will never ever forget---especially if you are there.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was nice to see Chris berman talk about the game on nfl countdown. They even brought out a jersey and helmet of the riders to him.

Anonymous said...

Question of the day...will Chamblin get a Gatorade shampoo at the end of the game? I hope so because that means the Riders WIN!!
If Cortez can unleash Sheets supplemented with a big dose of Sanders to confuse the Tabbies then Durant has time to pick the D apart.
Go Riders