Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Beatdown In The Big Smoke

Thanks to an incredible second quarter by the Riders, they defeat the Argos 46-36 meaning they are atop the West with a record of 2-0. Here's the game story.......

http://www.riderville.com/article/an-argo-annihilation

Just some initial thoughts

--With the exception of one throw, Darian Durant's thumb did not seem to bother him one bit.
--Perhaps Darian has to start introducing himself to people, Milt Stegall couldn't remember his name at the start of the game, and TSN field reporter Claude Feig referred to him as "Kevin" at one point. For those who don't know, Kevin Durant is a member of the NBA's Oklahoma City Thunder and was the 2nd overall pick in the 2007 NBA draft.
--What's the Rider record for most points scored in a quarter??? I'm thinking 30 must be close if not a new one.
--Did the o-line have a holding penalty today? What a job by them considering three of the regulars are on the shelf.
--While the coaching staff should not be happy with the two long Kerry Joseph TD's in the 4th quarter, I don't think it should become worrisome considering the score and the time in the game.
--Gainer should adopt the Hugh Charles flip after every Rider touchdown. C'mon Gopher!!!!!!! Lets see what you've got.
---Had Charles gotten a 3rd touchdown, would he have done three flips?
--Stevie Baggs continues to be a major force on that Rider D. Could he be the player of the week for the 2nd week in a row.
--Was it just me or did Matt Dunigan just seem like the guy in the seat besides you while doing the game. I thought he was alright.
--The 2-0 Alouettes vs the 2-0 Riders next Saturday. What a battle that should be!!! There's no doubt that one will be sold out!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought Dunnigan really improved as the game went on, little rough at the start, still 10x better that Forde and Black
thanks
CRG

Mike from Vita said...

I'm glad the "so called CFL experts" predict us in the bottom of the west. Keep predicting us to lose...we like it!!

Anonymous said...

Last week I didn't think I had seen a defence play better in getting nine sacks. Now I'm left to ask myself if I've ever seen a better quarter.

I'm waiting for "John Smith" and his anti-Durant stance. Put on your clown nose and start typing John!!!!

Chris G

Anonymous said...

I hope this was Stegall's last appearance on TSN. What a joke!!!
I thought John Chick had a better game than Baggs.
Durant did exactly what we need him to do--just distribute the ball and don't be flashy.
When Cates gets back, it will be interesting to see how LaPo keeps Charles in the offence.
Why do we keep Szarka?? He is now officially window dressing!

MJ

Mike from Vita said...

Charles won't be in the offense once Cates returns. Hugh has filled in well, but he doesn't put the same fear, into opposing defenses, that Wes does.

I wish the Riders would use Szarka in short yardage. He's a guaranteed 2-3 yds per carry.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for next Saturday. its going to be a great game!!!

Anonymous said...

That was a great game. Stevie (NOT Stewie lol) Baggs is going to end his carrer as an Rider. I'd put money on that...