Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Rider Update

Andy Fantuz didn't practice again today, but coach Ken Miller says not to worry as the team's leading receiver will be in uniform Saturday. Fantuz tweaked a hamstring and has not practiced the last two days as a precautionary measure.

It was interesting to note that without Fantuz, Jason Clermont had more of a role today. Its believed by many Clermont is being under-utilized this year. Perhaps that is about to change.

Joe Sykes is a big man. He is a very big man. He is a man I would not want to be angry with me. He could squash me and many of you with one of his mammoth fists. He is 6-4, 275 but he looks bigger than that. The reason I bring up Sykes' name is he was popular at practice today because he will start for the injured John Chick. This man brings a new meaning to the word soft-spoken. He sounds like he wouldn't harm a kitten. He certainly won't play the way he speaks.

Its good to see Gene Makowsky is ready to go. I saw Geno at Aspen Links on Monday after I had attempted to golf and asked him what he shot today. The response "Under 100". A man with a gimpy leg still shot better than me. Then again a one legged man in a wheelchair could have had a better round than me Monday. Why do I persist at trying to be good at that game. Why???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Considering our outside guys are not doing much, not having Fantuz would not be good on Saturday. Here's hoping he's 100 percent.

Terry C