Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Am I Missing Something Here?

I don't usually venture into hard-hitting news stories, but I can't help myself after this one. The Saskatchewan Court of Appeal has dismissed the Crown's appeal in the case where the mother of a newborn left said newborn in a Wal-Mart bathroom in Prince Albert. The woman was charged with child abandonment and was unbelievably found not guilty of that and now thanks to what happened today this woman gets away scott-free. ARE YOU F****ING KIDDING ME!!!!!! What the hell has happened to our justice system? This is wrong on so many levels, but I don't have to tell you that do I. I'm obviously missing something here and so is 99.9 percent of the general public that has a clue. WOW!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In its most basic sense - it came down to what the Crown knew vs what they could prove to the courts. They couldn't prove that she left the baby in the toilet intending that it would die.

Reasonable people can certainly surmise that was exactly her intention - but the courts don't work on the basis of what one can surmise, only what one can prove.

Scott said...

I don't get it either, it just doesn't make any sense at all. But that's are justice system for ya. And what's even worse is that this piece of garbage has a relationship with the child.

Anonymous said...

Lets take this woman and stuff her head down a toilet. If she drowns, you just say "Oh, I didn't think that would happen." You'll get off. Our justice system is a complete and utter joke and this is further proof of it.


Morgan