Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Canadian TV (At Its Finest??)

Canada has never been known for making great TV shows. Yes, we have had Corner Gas, but really "The Beachcombers" don't cut it and either does "The Littlest Hobo" (sorry Jayson). Now, the CBC is dipping its foot into reality television. If "Making the Cut" wasn't bad enough, the Mother Corp is diving into its only strength--hockey--and giving us "Battle of the Blades". Yes, a hockey player is going to team up with a figure skater and then let you Canadians decide the winner. This is Canada's version of "Dancing with the Stars". Wasn't there a movie about a former hockey player and a figure skater making it big. Is Chazz Michael Michaels and Jimmy McElroy from "Blades of Glory" making an appearance.
I have no interest in seeing Stephane Richer, Ron Duguay, Glenn Anderson or the others in those outlandish figure skating costumes. How about Tie Domi! Does anyone have a major league interest in this? Who thought this up? Seriously! Is this the best the CBC can give us? Sadly, we all know the answer. This will make "The Border" look like 24!".
Thank god for Sunday and Monday night football is all I have to say.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Worst show ever! I'm guessing guys like Richer, Anderson and Duguay like being in those figure skating outfits. I watched for 10 minutes because I had to see how bad it was. It was 10 minutes of my life I'm not getting back!

JN

Anonymous said...

Remember when CBC actually had good programming. Grade 6 was circa 1986. Honestly people would look at you strange if you didn't watch "He Shoots He Scores". It was a great TV show about the fictional Quebec Nationals. They had a crusty Coach with a young upstart Rookie and over the hill veterans. It alternated between English and French language, but would use sub titles. Quebec had different viewing standards so you'd get the occasional flash of boobies when the players were carousing. They had to play Edmonton in the finals, and the question was how would they shut Gretzky down. They also had a Rendevous type series with the Russians in the next season. I'm asked who was the greatest fictional hockey player ever created. Reg Dunlop is in a league of his own, but for those of us that have seen Pierre Lambert he's right up there.

Every Gen X'r also knows every episode of Degrassi Junior High and Degrassi High.

Obama

Mitchell Blair said...

Obama, the fact you have mentioned Degrassi Junior High and Degrassi High has done nothing but diminish your star. If you confess to having a crush on Spike, I may have to ban you for a few days. Pierre Lambert deserved a better fate!

Anonymous said...

Spike was good, but when they brought in her super hot friend Liz with that wierd haircut unfortanately that kind of lowered Spike in my eyes as Liz was just to hot....lol. The other thing and this resembles what Tony Soprano told that Stripper Ralphie had been with...."i'm not interested. I really don't want to be anywhere where Ralphie has been if you know what I mean". I had that same feeling 20 years ago after Spike had hooked up with that goof Shane. Remember he was the guy that dropped LSD with Luke at the Gourmet Scum concert? He then proceeded to jump off a bridge, and that totally screwed him up.

I always had a major thing for Stephanie Kay. She was "dirty" back when it wasn't fashionable to be "dirty". I however was always ahead of the curve in admiring that quality in ladies. I don't need the woman in my life to be nasty, but I'd like her as close to next to nasty if you catch my drift. I think that comes from the Stephanie Kay influence from my childhood...lol. Those two twins weren't bad either especially the one that actually gave it up at summer camp during the show's hiatis. We found that out when they came back...

Yes I am embarrassed about my vast knowlegde of this series....

Obama

Mitchell Blair said...

Obama. Drop everything and seek medical help immediately.

Anonymous said...

Nice post. HA HA HA! So true!

Garry