Pages

Friday, October 30, 2009

Forgive My Lack of Excitement

The Chicago Cubs trotted their new owner out to the pitching mound at Wrigley Field on Friday. What did he have to say? Take a read.
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Baseball/MLB/2009/10/30/11584711-ap.html
Promising a World Series title. I've only been hearing that for how long?
------
The Edmonton Eskimos look to have made the playoffs. What is left to be decided now is whether the playoff road runs through East or West. As expected, Edmonton obliterated Toronto 36-10. It means they are in if either Winnipeg or Hamilton should lose this weekend. The Eskimos are 8-9 while the Ti-Cats and Bombers are both 7-9 with the final game of the season between those two teams. If Winnipeg and Hamilton should lose this weekend, it would mean the winner of the last game of the year between those two teams would get in with the loser not getting in as Edmonton would advance via the crossover. Edmonton can still make the West playoffs if they win next weekend against the Lions and B.C loses tomorrow to Calgary. Have you ever seen such an entertaining CFL season? I haven't. No one knows where anyone will finish----except for Toronto and Montreal. Speaking of the Argos, that team is just pathetic. The sad thing is I don't know if they can turn it around next year or the year after. That squad needs to basically start from scratch. They almost remind me of the Riders when Roy Shivers and Danny Barrett came to town.
------
A lot of people around these parts are automatically giving the Riders the two points tomorrow. Yes, Saskatchewan is the better football team on paper, but we all know you don't play on paper. The game has a sense of urgency for both as the Riders look to clinch a home playoff game while the Ti-Cats hope to inch closer to finishing 2nd in the East. As mentioned Hamilton can finish as high as 2nd or be out altogether. I think they are the more desperate team. They will give the Riders a battle tomorrow in what the Leader-Post's Murray McCormick says will be rainy, windy conditions. Perhaps that means a solid dose of Wes Cates as he tries to get to the 1-thousand yard mark. With it being a noon start, I'm guessing the streets will be pretty quiet this afternoon.
------
I have said it once, I'll say it again. There is no better pizza in Regina than a Tumblers pizza. It may be a little more expensive than some of the other places, but its worth it.
-----
The girl that hosts CMT in the afternoon is a definite first round pick if the current Mrs. Mitch can no longer be a part of the franchise. WOW! This being said, there are no plans to restructure the organization. I'm just sayin'.
------
How many kids are you expecting at your door tonite? Are you one of those people that dress up yourself at the door when handing out candy or are you one of those people that barricade yourself in the basement all night and don't answer the door? I did that one year---many, many years ago. Perhaps being hungover was one of the reasons and I just didn't want to get up so I went to my room, turned on the TV and ignored every knock on the door. If you are one of those people who put on a costume, what's the best one you've ever had. The best one for me was many years ago when I lived in Peace River, Alberta. My roommate and I went as "The Undertaker" and Paul Bearer. I think you know what one of that twosome I was. I also went out one year with an axe through a box of Corn Flakes. Yes, I was a "cereal" killer.
-------
Cito Gaston is back as manager of the Jays. Considering the controversy that swirled around him with the players last season, I don't know if this is a good move or not. A friend of mine in Grand Forks, North Dakota is likely shaking his head saying this is a terrible move. You might be right Jay!
------
Dustin Penner is 4th in NHL scoring? What round did Penner go in in your hockey pool this year. Did he even get taken?
----
The Pats lose 4-1 in Prince Albert. The Rams lose 42-17 to the Huskies and are out of the playoffs. Lets hope this trend of Regina teams losing doesn't continue today.
----
GO RIDERS!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another Pats loss tonight after you were pumping these guys as actual contenders. Now they own the basement. Anyone who thinks this team is going to be a contender is seriously kidding themselves. Nice prediction BTW saying they would smoke PA.

Anonymous said...

The CMT girl is Lindsay Stone and she is gorgeous. She's better looking in person than on TV. I say that because I went to Keith Urban's concert in Toronto and I saw her there with some CMT people. There were MANY good looking women at that show, but she was the one that stood out.

The Argos may be worse now than what the Riders were many years ago. I only pray we never get like that again.

Have you ever had a Sparkys Pizza. It gives Tumblers a run for its money.

Brent

Anonymous said...

Why isn't raisins included in your poll? I hated it when I came home and saw those little boxes of raisins in my goody bag. Who would do that?

Anonymous said...

A promise that will never be kept.