Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Chamblin Responds To His Critics



Corey Chamblin is very good when dealing with the day-to-day question period he has with reporters. He keeps it loose, but when he has to, he lets go.  He let go on Tuesday when asked about the criticism he is receiving for some late-game calls in BC and the fact the team is 0-3. 

“There are two podiums waiting at the end of the year – a championship podium or a cross and I’m prepared for either one,’’ Chamblin said.


“If the fans want a new coach, they can get that. I do my best and if they are short-tempered and they want to move on that’s up to management and them. At the end of the day, I’ll still work and I’ll still be a great coach whether it’s here in Saskatchewan this year or somewhere else next year or the next couple of years.

“To be honest, I don’t give a damn about that. When they want to come and put the work in, they can get the results. Right now we’re doing some good things.

"At the end of the day just stay patient. When we get that championship, just make sure the guys who weren’t on our team don’t get on that boat with us. They can come in here and boo me every day, but at the end of the day I still get my paycheque and I'm doing my job. If Brendan and the board feel its best to move on. that's fine, but my body of work has been commendable since I have been here. When my time is up here, it will be.  When I go to bed at night, the last worry I have is getting fired.

It capped off a day in Riderville where the team officially signed DB Geoff Tisdale, welcomed back DB Paul Woldu and announced long snapper Levi Steinhauer was done for the season with a knee injury. 







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This isn't going to end well is it.

Anonymous said...

The "Fire Chamblin" movement is being led by Darrell Davis.

These idiots who want Chamblin canned are simply misguided.


Steve

Anonymous said...

Of course he'll coach next year whether it's in Saskatchewan or not. They all do. Heck Kavis Reed and Danny Barrett are both coaching elsewhere and one can't count to 13 while the other picked Nealon Greene over Hank Burris and Kevin Glenn.

Anonymous said...

How convenient, this takes the heat off the real person who should be "fired immediately", Saskatchewan Roughriders gm "Brendan Taman". People honing in on the wrong person Cory Chamblin. How does that little weasel Taman remain employed in professional sports as a gm? FIRE TAMAN !