Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

This And That

Being sick sucks! Being sick for several days really sucks! I haven't been at 100 percent for about a month, but the last 24-48 hours are ones that made me think I should start wondering about funeral plans. Colds and flus are made even worse when you're asthmatic don't you know. I went out for supper Friday night and felt alright, but as the night went on, I felt worse and worse and worse and I may have gone through a box of Kleenex while getting very little sleep. Fortunately, I'm feeling a lot better now. I'm nowhere close to 100 percent, but at least I'm moving ---and not just between bed and couch.

--Call your Mom if you haven't done so yet.

--Is Glenn Healy always angry? Is it just me or is he knobbus supremeus?

--I don't have any problems with the Vancouver green guys, but I fear that someone will think they can rip that idea off for games at Mosaic Stadium.

--A pat on the back for everyone involved with the Don Narcisse football camp. That includes Calgary quarterback Henry Burris who came back to territory where he knows he's not popular. He came back to help the kids and there is nothing wrong with that. One also has to ask why RidTer fans continue to get on Burris' case. Where would this team be if Hank was still our QB. We would have never seen what Kerry Joseph did in 07 and we would never know about Darian Durant unless it was with another team. Hank has said he didn't want to play for then GM Roy Shivers. I'm guessing he wasn't alone with those thoughts. I think its time Rider fans let bygones be bygones. That being said, feel free to continue yelling at Wally Buono to get off the field.

--I laugh at the story of the 27 year old woman who was elected as an MP on Mondy night in a Quebec riding---a Quebec riding that the woman apparently never visited during the campaign. If that doesn't tell you how popular the Liberals and Bloc were in Quebec, nothing will.


--Justin Verlander's performance against the Blue Jays on Saturday was really one to behold. Something else to behold was the 8th inning at bat by Toronto catcher J-P Arencibia who worked a 12 pitch walk out of Verlander to spoil the perfect game. That was a battle with the Blue Jay catcher winning out on a pitch that yes, was ball four.

--Unless the Riders have something up their sleeve when it comes to the kicking game, I would make sure I take a kicker in Sunday's draft. One could argue it is their biggest need. It is as far as I'm concerned.

--CNN's Wolf Blitzer says he was getting ready to watch the Capitals and Lightning play overtime when he got the call to come into studio because Bin Laden was dead. COOL!

--Is anyone really surprised that it looks as if the Coyotes will stay in Phoenix. Gary Bettman and the NHL will do everything it can and then some to make sure the Coyotes don't leave Phoenix and that Winnipeg is left out in the cold.

--Game 2 of the WHL final between Kootenay and Portland looked to be a blowout as it was 6-1 after two. It finished 7-5 with the Ice scoring into an empty net. The Winter Hawks scored four times in the first 10 minutes of the 3rd to make it interesting.

--I'm disappointed to see the Portage Terriers didn't make the playoffs at the RBC Cup in Camrose. The Terriers beat the SJHL champs from La Ronge in seven to get there and I thought La Ronge had a much better team from the three games I saw in the ANAVET Cup.

--Joel Ward = Dustin Byfuglien.

--If Detroit beats San Jose today (and I don't think that will happen), this series will go 7.

--If I can put my order into the basketball gods to see the Dallas Mavericks win by about 20 in Game 4 of their series against the Lakers tomorrow, I will do so.

--If you have a little baseball player in your life, I would strongly urge you to get your little guy enrolled in the Blue Jays camp that will be coming to Regina this summer. You won't be disappointed!

--In just two days, tomorrow will be yesterday.

6 comments:

Glenn said...

As much as it pains me to see the Lakers down 0-3 to the Mavs, I was so pleased that the Celts beat Miami . And I cetainly don't cheer for Boston! It's come down to ABM, anybody but Miami !

Anonymous said...

No thoughts on the Sami Salo hot that took Spalding out of the game last nite? Did he not leave his feet and elbow the back of his head into the boards? No talk of it whatsoever by the HNIC boys and then Healy tries to put off a high stick by Burrows on a Nashville player as an embellishment. Brutal!

Adam

Anonymous said...

I don't blame Henry Braris for leaving the Riders. Roy and Danny had him (Kevin Glenn also) pigeon holed behind Nealon Greene of all people. But I do question bringing a guy to town to work with kids when he's had a picture of himself wearing a bra plastered all over the internet. Is that the kind of role model you want for your kids?

Anonymous said...

The green guys have already been spotted at Rider Games Mosaic Stadium. Sad, but true.

Mike from Vita, MB, not far from Roseau, MN said...

If the Coyotes stay in Phoenix, the Atlanta thrashers are coming to Winnipeg. FYI Dustin Byfulgien is from Roseau Minnesota, which is an hour and a bit south of Winnipeg, similar situation to former Jet Dave Christian who was from nearby Warroad, home of the Christian Hockey stick company.

Regarding Burris getting the gears in Regina, he loves the attention; probably gets his engine revving too.

Anonymous said...

The greatness of Hughson and Simpson is brought down by the stupidity of Healy.


Rick