Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

WTF???

Did I really see what I think I saw? Did I see Canada pull off a Jenna Jameson? Yes I did, because say what you will Canada choked and gagged big time in Buffalo on Wednesday night. There is no way to sugar-coat it.

As I sat at the Pressbox drinking some Rickards White and chowing down on some Buffalo Ranch ribs, I, like many others, were confident when Canada made it 3-0. There was no way in h-e double hockeysticks that a Canadian team would let a Russian team come back from a 3-0 deficit. WRONG!!! Just like that, it was 3-3 and then Russia scored to make it 4-3. I wasn't watching what I thought I was. This was Canada. We don't do things like that. Apparently we do.

Pierre McGuire said its the biggest collapse in the history of Canadian hockey, I can't disagree. What happened? Its only one game and no one needs to push the panic button, but someone please tell me what happened? This one is tougher than last year's defeat to the U-S. That was a one shot winner take all, it wasn't a 20 more minutes and we get the spoils. This was. It hurts. It hurts bigtime.
-----
As expected Greg Marshall is the new coach of the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Many of us thought he would name his coaching staff today, but that did not happen. Will Doug Berry be a part of the equation? Will Richie Hall? Will Jim Daley? We will find out over the next couple of weeks.
------
I need a nap!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen a colossal choke like that since the Huskies lost to Alberta. The only difference was I enjoyed that one! Not impressed!

Anonymous said...

That was nothing compared to the Riders Grey Cup losses. This gets a giant MEH from me.