Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

This And That

--I love US Thanksgiving. How many of you took the day off to sit back and watch one NFL game after another?

--I'm starting to think the only thing that will beat the Green Bay Packers is the Green Bay Packers

--Detroit Lions defensive lineman Ndomakang Suh is a good football player, but he is a terrible liar and he is an idiot. Perhaps the league needs to suspend Mr. Suh for a couple of games after he stomped on a Packers offensive lineman for no reason on Thursday. The guy just doesn't get it.

--I hate the Cowboys and Tony Romo. That team isn't as good as they think they are and neither is their quarterback. However, I will admit that if Romo was in a place like Jacksonville, Cincy, Tampa or wherever and not quarterbacking "America's Team" that he wouldn't get the publicity. The same can be said for Mark Sanchez. The two are just very ordinary quarterbacks who play in a place where the spotlight shines bright.

--Yes I am biased, but Jerrell Freeman was robbed. The Riders linebacker should have been named the CFL's top defensive player. I saw and noticed Freeman in every game this year. I didn't see and notice Johnson in every Bombers game. I guess the bottom line is you can't have a guy as the top defensive player on a team that won just five times.

--I wasn't surprised to see Travis Lulay win the MOP. The question I have now is when he wins his 2nd, will he do it before Drew Tate or Darian Durant. Yes, I still think DD has what it takes to be the league's best.

--I don't have the Nickleback hate that a lot of people do, but I would much rather see them at half-time than the combo in Dallas of Enrique Iglesias and Pitbull. Who the h-e double hockeysticks is Pitbull anyhoo? He looked more like a mutt.

--Dear weather gods, can I request weather like what we have had in Regina and what we will have over the next couple of days in two years time. It would be perfect to have weather like this for Grey Cup week.

--I was Robservated this week. Yes, a tear did run down my cheek.

--I hate to say it, but the Leafs have to be the biggest surprise of the first quarter of the NHL season. I would have to think Columbus is the biggest disappointment, but Calgary has to be right there too and Vancouver is in the mix too.

--The Conference Board of Canada suggested several cities could be home for a CFL expansion team, but Saskatoon wasn't on that list. I don't think Saskatchewan could support two CFL teams so I would have to be in the no camp as well, but that isn't a slam on Saskatoon. It would be hard to share the corporate dollar between two teams and attendance would be a question too. While Saskatchewan is growing, we have a long ways to go yet when it comes to population to support a pair of teams.

--The west coast trip isn't going the way the Pats wanted it to. It seems as if this trip has just killed the hockey team over the past few years. Hopefully, Pat Conacher can get it turned around. As the team starts to drop in the standings though, one wonders how hot the trade talk is surrounding Jordan Weal. I'm guessing he will be seen as a very valuable commodity if he gets an invite to the World Junior camp.

--Does anyone remember Captain Scott's Fish and Chips in Regina. You got your order take-out (and what an order it was) wrapped in brown paper. I don't know why, but I had a craving for that the other night. Is there any good place in Regina for fish and chips?

--The BCS bowl system is something that is highly flawed, so I would love nothing more than to see Arkansas beat LSU tomorrow to throw the system into a state of chaos.

--You're only young once. After that, you need some other excuse for acting like a complete jackass.

14 comments:

Clansman21112 said...

I think the reason that Johnson got the nod over Freeman was the fact that the Bombers had a winning record and are in the Grey Cup. I know that teams records have nothing to do with the selection but don't tell me that it doesn't pop up in the backs of people minds when they select the winners.

Also about the Cowboys Halftime show....When Pitbull first came out, I thought for a second that it was Rob Halford of Judas Priest!!!!

Anonymous said...

Arkansas beating LSU would be sweet, but it won't happen.

Freeman was robbed

John

Anonymous said...

Such hatred for the the Boys in Blue. At least the Cowboys are relevant and win the odd game unlike your Seahawks. (just bugging ya) I wasn't the biggest Romo fan but he is proving his worth this year. Jason in Regina

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you got Robservated by Vanstone, but did you see the trailer-park trash he put you in with. HA HA HA HA!!

Mitchell Blair said...

Hey, did Belfour complain about going in with Gilmour? Did Alomar complain about going in with whoever? I can't control who Rob wants to salute, but just to be Robservated yet again is something to behold.

Anonymous said...

I LIKE NICKLEBACK!!!

Anonymous said...

Saskatoon will never get a CFL team unless our population explodes and I don't see that happening in my lifetime or my kids. I do see Saskatoon getting an NHL team about 10-15 years down the road though as part of the ongoing Canadian expansion.

I just want to see a 10 team CFL where there are five East and five West teams. I'm thinking that may happen by the time our new stadium opens in 2014 or 15.

Mark

Keith said...

Good fish and chips? Try the three piece cod dinner at Burger Baron. Not bad.

Anonymous said...

Great blog, why aren't you critical of Taman. Look at his record overall. No team would take him. Even the most positive Rider fans can't stand him. Why must you brown-nose to the Riders? You make yourself look foolish. Stand up for what you believe in, you'll feel better.

Anonymous said...

Freeman did get robbed in my opinion, but perhaps my green bias is rubbing through. The question I have is why did TSN decide to give us Youngblood instead of the player awards. I know the awards will be on Saturday afternoon, but couldn't they have been done live.

LD

Anonymous said...

What is with peoples hate for nickelback. They are only one of 2 or 3 non-country bands I like?

Anonymous said...

Oh look, another anonymous mouth-breather telling somebody else to take a stand. That's not too ironic.

Paul Bunyon

Anonymous said...

Try Bushwakkers for Fish and Chips. Good with a pint as well.
Freeman was a force on a very poor defence. That is why he stood out.Jovan was a play maker on a very good defence.

BC will win but it could be closer than we think. BC hasn't lost in a while and are due!!
Robert in Riderville.

Anonymous said...

Joey's only - try Tuesday's all you can eat Fish & Chips. Discount available on your birthday.