Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lebron-Mania

I guess I can't blame the American sports media for obsessing with the "Where's Lebron James going to play" story. The Canadian sports media would be doing the same thing if Sidney Crosby or Alex Ovechkin was an unrestricted free agent. Perhaps its the fact I'm not a huge NBA fan, but I couldn't care less. The same goes for Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. Just decide where you are going to play and move on. Some are now saying Lebron will not only snub the Cavaliers, but will snub Cleveland by not playing there. I laugh when people say the city is the place. Do you really think being a multi-millionaire in Chicago is any different than it is in Cleveland or New York or wherever? The money is all the same its just where is it going to be spent. Hopefully we'll find out soon so the obsession will stop. As I said, the Canadian media would be going hog-wild if Sid or Ovie or one of the other game's top stars was on the verge of changing addresses, but I would be much more interested in that because of my Canadian roots.
-----
Two things I witnessed while taking in yet another 10 percent Tuesday. A Heinz bottle with a red substance in it that said "ketchup style sauce". Is this different than just plain old ketchup. The other thing was a Hungryman dinner that consisted of a burrito and rice. That should just be known as colon cleanser.
-----
Speaking of colon cleanser, I see my favourite website which is a tremendous source of comedy is at it again. The debate is on as to who is going to replace Joe Hadesbeck on the CKRM pre and post-game show and some people are taking runs at yours truly. The comments from some of these knuckledraggers are quite comical. Its too bad that I have some friends that post on that site regularly because I just group them in with the others.....no that's not fair because I actually respect the opinions of those people. To those who are commenting, I couldn't give one you know what about what you think. Go back now to obsessing over the fact you got fooled by some woman that you thought was hot because she said so or debating if the Riders look better when they wear green socks or white socks. Oh yeah, one other thing. I won't be doing Saturday's post-game show, but I will be hosting Friday's Sports Cage with Scott Schultz seeing Rod is in Vancouver. Take that for what you will.
------
Get out the wooden shoes. The Dutch will face either Germany or Spain in Sunday's World Cup final. The Germany-Spain game could be the match of the tournament.
-----
While I hope this Amber Alert that is out for this 4 year old girl and her mother has a happy ending. I have my doubts seeing its been over 24 hours. Lets all hope for the best!
-----
While starting with Lebron, lets close it with him too. When he makes his announcement, can Brett Favre be at the podium too so we know if he is playing this year?
-----
Whenever I look for something, it’s always in the last place I look.

12 comments:

Paul E. said...

Hey Mitchell, I hope you do take over from Joe doing the pre and post game shows. You bring a lot of experience and insights to the table or should I say airwaves. I really enjoy reading your blog as well. Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

Colon cleanser = Riderfans.com. HA HA HA HA HA!!

What an accurate call of that place.


Chris

Anonymous said...

Rider fans is a joke. What a bunch of immature and classless people. The insults they throw at you are terrible. I wish we were in sue happy America.

Anonymous said...

Can you imagine how Crosby or Ovechkin or anyone would be roasted in this country if they announced their future plans on TSN? Lebron isn't too much of a narcissist is he?


Mike

Anonymous said...

You hate the site, but you always read it dont'cha. You and the other hypocrites that call themselves media will just never get over the fact that Riderfans beats you idiots to all the stories all the time.

SC

Anonymous said...

I'm a somewhat civilized RF knuckledragger and I love the daily practise reports as well as talking about specific plays from a game that never gets covered by regular media. But unlike some of the jerks I actually like you, Carm and Frenzy. I find it curious though that somehow Roddie is untouchable, everyone seems to like him lol

Anonymous said...

For those who care Labron is going to the Nicks

Anonymous said...

C'mon Blair!! Grow a skin. Yeah they get a little harsh on that site but it's still a great website for CFL news. You can't be so sensitive, they light up Ballsy all the time too. Remember, if they are talking about you they are keeping you relevant!

Anonymous said...

Holy crap! Hypocrisy is alive and well. You're telling Mitch to grow a skin. You and half of the other idiots on there should grow some balls. You do nothing but take hit and run potshots at people and then when someone reacts, you tell them to grow a skin.
This just in loser! Your site is a joke! You have way too many wingnuts on that site for a reasonable football discussion. All that site is the internets version of Section 28.

CFL.ca is the best website for CFL news as it gives me everything I need without the immature attacks and comments that 90 percent of RF.com posters provide.

Calling that site "colon cleanser" is much too polite.

Sheldon

Anonymous said...

I couldn't care less about CKRM's Rider coverage and whether or not you are going to be on. I don't listen to Rod and Carm nor do I listen to the pre-game banter or the post-game drunks. I go to the game and watch with my own two eyes or I'm at home watching TSN. I read the paper and I watch TV to get my Rider fix. I know I'm in the moral minority, but thats the truth.

John M/Moose Jaw

Anonymous said...

ha ha RF.com is like the Facts of Life. "you take the good you take the bad you take them all and then you have..." starring BSD as Natalie, CRF as Tootie, Rider Stronson as Mrs. Garrett and Blair as RiderGirl, Oh wait a minute RiderGirl was actually Natalie mwhahaha

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA HA at Facts of Life comment. So true! Don't forget the other schmucks like Mr. Pilzner, Captain Yzerman and Bingo Arms


Scott