Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

They Won't Be The Roughriders!!

It would appear as if the Saskatchewan Roughriders were a major player in making sure Ottawa got back into the CFL. The Riders gave a "yes" to the expansion franchise, but it came with a condition. That condition can be read right here.
I have no problem with this, none whatsoever. It only begs the question as to what the franchise will be called.
----
A lot of people seem to be sold on the fact the Toronto Argonauts have turned the corner after starting the CFL season at 2-1. I'm not one of them. I'm not a believer yet. Despite the fact the Lions go into Rogers Centre with Travis Lulay as their starting quarterback, I am taking them to beat the Argos this week in CFL play. Believe it or not, I think the Lions have the 2nd best team in the West. If Lulay beat out Jarious Jackson it means he can play.
A lot of people also believe Hamilton can beat Montreal this week. I'm not one of them. The Alouettes return home to play their first home game after starting off with back to back to back trips through Western Canada. This team will be ready to play their home opener and I think they beat the Ti-Cats and beat them handily. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me to see all four home teams win this weekend. Yes, that would mean Calgary would beat Saskatchewan. The Riders are the better team. but I just have a bad feeling about this one. Henry Burris isn't going to have two bad games in a row and Joffrey Reynolds always seems to come up big against the Riders. Like a lot of the games between the two, this one will be in doubt come the 4th quarter.
----
Memo to Global's Jill Morgan. Just refer to Derek Meyers one night as "Duke". C'mon Jill, you can do it. I'm sure some of you realize where the Duke Meyers reference comes from. If not, you don't know what you missed.
----
Rider cheerleaders are having a reunion later this year. No matter the year, those that were Rider cheerleaders are being asked to attend. Why do I get the feeling secrets in John Lynch's closet will be exposed! Lets hope thats the only thing exposed!
----
Speaking of oldtimers. former Cowboys coach and NFL on Fox analyst Jimmy Johnson is going to be on "Survivor". What next? Will Johnson be "The Bachelor".
-----
I don't get downtown a lot, but whenever I go down Victoria Avenue, I just marvel at the Rider logos on the twin towers. That is just amazing. I wonder what it looks like from the air. Many have told me it is quite the sight when you fly over the city and see that.
----
A lot of people will be watching Graham DeLaet to see how he performs at the Canadian Open this week. He will tee off at 1025 our time this morning. Go to www.pgatour.com and launch the shot tracker feature to follow his round.
----
My jaw might have hit the ground at Mosaic Stadium this afternoon. I was told about something happening that I thought never would. Rumour has it CJME news director Murray Wood has shaved off his "stache". Is this true? I can't believe this wasn't breaking news. I don't know if I would recognize Murray if I passed him without that thing. This will hurt his chances of playing Ron Burgundy in Anchorman 2. To my former co-workers that read this, yes I am disappointed in you Mr. Book, Mr. Kolt and Ms. Mills for not informing me of this development.
----
Summer TV sucks!
----
How can the NHL say no to the Ilya Kovalchuk contract. but allow the ones signed by Henrik Zetterberg, Roberto Luongo and Alex Ovechkin?
----
I would be all for Ryne Sandberg to take over next year as manager of the Cubs. My favourite all-time player(and the greatest 2nd baseman to play the game) managing my favourite team. It would be sweet. If Sandberg got this team to a World Series championship, they may knight him in Chicago.
----
I asked my wife for breakfast in bed this morning. She told me to sleep in the kitchen!

4 comments:

Glenn said...

Mitch, I flew into Regina 3 weeks ago and saw the banners while we were landing. Very impressive !
Regarding Lulay and Jackson, when I was at BC training camp in Kamloops, Jarious did not throw a ball all practice. His shoulder was still recovering from surjery. Obviously he can throw now but Wally may not want to lose him again so early in the season.

Anonymous said...

Good one for Mrs. Scruffy! haha! "Sleep in the kitchen!" hahhahaha!
Noneck OUT!

Anonymous said...

foiled again...no shot tracker this week on pgatour.com. Go Graham!

Anonymous said...

Every time he was referred to as "Duke Meyers" I would giggle. My wife who has no idea kept asking why. I said, Duke Meyers was one of the great heels of Stampede Wrestling. He would partner with Kerry Brown, and Bad News Allen. He wore that ridiculous Bowler's glove. Towards the end of Stampede he partnered with Goldie Rogers the greatest "Jobber" in the history of Wrestling as "The Bowlers". Duke Meyers....please call him that on the air.

Obama