Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

No Big Deal

A friend of mine e-mailed me Sunday morning to give me his thoughts on the Rider game and then ask if I had seen Mo Lloyd in the Rider dressing room after the game. I gave him my thoughts and then asked where on earth the Lloyd question came from. He said he had seen it on Riderfans.com and that a good debate had started as to whether or not he should be in the room.



I didn't see Lloyd in the room after the game, but if he had been in there, who cares? The decision isn't up to you or me its up to the Rider brass. I am guessing Mo would have the courtesy to ask if he could come in and I'm guessing the Riders would be gracious to say yes. I'm sure Lloyd wanted to catch up with a few of his ex-teammates, teammates that he maybe didn't see after the game when players congregate to talk to one another and reunite if just for a couple of seconds.



He wouldn't be the first ex-Rider to have made an appearance in that dressing room and he won't be the last. I've seen Wally Buono and Tom Higgins and I believe I have seen Henry Burris in there as well. Its no big deal. Those who are angered by this had better get over it. Its not the first time a player will go into the other teams dressing room and it won't be the last---regardless of the sport.

------

Graham DeLaet shot a 62 on Saturday at the Reno-Tahoe Open and got himself near the top of the leaderboard. TIMBERRRRRR!!! DeLaet imploded on Sunday shooting a 6 over 78 to finish nine back of the leader and take home a paltry 18-grand. Its still better than nothing.

----

Who is Louis Oosterhuizen? Will we ever hear of this guy again? Will he be like Y.E Yang or Trevor Immelman or Graeme McDowell or dare I say it---Mike Weir? Yes, I went there and if it wasn't for the fact he was Canadian, he would have been off our sports radar years ago.

----

I really don't like the Miz even though I should. Get ready to see him get elevated to main event status as he won Money In the Bank. He will be right up there with Cena, Sheamus, Edge and Orton very soon.

-----

Rascal Flatts will be the headliner for the 2011 Craven Big Country jamboree. That is drawing a mixed reaction early on. How was Kenny Chesney? Once he had done "There Goes My Life", I would have been happy. That's one of my faves.

----

How many people that spent this weekend at Craven are taking Monday off?

----

How many times will I vote for Indian Head today in the Kraft Celebration Tour sweepstakes?

----

What will become of the Norwegian curling pants that the Rider coaching staff wore Saturday. Some one save at least one pair for the Rider hall of fame exhibit that will be at the new stadium!

----

Mitch MacDonald's 7th homer of the year helped the Red Sox to a 7-0 win in Medicine Hat. The win was Regina's 4th in a row and leaves them with a mark of 26-11. They have a two and a half game lead on Melville in the East. They will be in Melville for a big game tomorrow before coming home to take on Saskatoon Tuesday.

-----

ESPN's Pierre Lebrun has five suggestions to improve the NHL. Click here to see what he thinks. I agree with most of what he is preaching.

-----
As you start a new week, please remember this. Love means never winning at tennis!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your headline sums it up "No Big Deal". If the Riders didn't want him in there, he wouldn't have been going in. I just hope he told Richie what he was doing.

Anonymous said...

Going to Bon Jovi Mitchell??? Heard they've sold over 30,000 tickets...

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't Mo have been able to socialize with Riders the night before? Could he not have met them in the hallway or something. The optics are wrong here.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps Mo wanted to know what it was like being in a winning dressing room. I think people are making too much out of this one.


Grant

Anonymous said...

Mo was wrong and so were the Riders. You just don't do that.

Glenn said...

The game is over , let it go people. There is nothing wrong with visiting your friends after the game. The night before, I would have a serious problem with that. Your focus should be your team and prep for the game. Once the game is done, there is nothing wrong with visiting your friends.

Anonymous said...

I would have to think Miller, Hopson, one of the assistants, etc, etc. would have seen this. If they didn't have a problem with it, why should we?


Terry C