Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

From The Road

Greetings from Yorkton. Home of the Terriers who beat Kindersley on the Access 7 SJHL game of the week. I was part of that broadcast as I did colour with Mike Stackhouse. I had a severe coughing attack about 40 minutes before the game. It made me wonder if I was going to be able to continue or if I was going to have find the Yorkton hospital. When the asthma hits you, life can sometimes be a little overbearing. Got through it though and that's the main thing. Hopefully no repeats today when I host "The Sportscage" on 620 CKRM from 4-6.
----
Who says the goalscorers should get all the ink? The game last night in Yorkton was proof positive why each team needs that energy guy. Yorkton looked bad in the first period last night, but in the 2nd, they got a couple of good shifts out of Keon Vick and it turned the game in the Terriers favour. Vick was rewarded for his efforts by being named the 2nd star. Those guys that just go out with that Tasmanian Devil approach hitting everything that moves and not stopping eventually get some chances and he did capitalizing on one of them.
----
If you have not seen the season premiere of "The Big Bang Theory" and you are a fan, then find it online and watch. Warning though---get ready to laugh so hard that you may cry. Oh my god that show had me in stitches last night. I won't ruin it for those who didn't see it, but it was one of the funniest half hours of TV I have seen in a long time.
----
Making the trip to Yorkton just validates why I love my satellite radio. A little NFL talk, a little NHL talk, a little Dierks Bentley, George Strait and Miranda Lambert, a little Ratt, Def Leppard and Damn Yankees, I even caught a little Debbie Gibson on the 80's channel.
-----
I hate hotel showers.
-----
Have hotels changed their pillows or something? The last two I have stayed in have actually had comfy pillows to sleep on.
----
Any time you need tire work done on your vehicle, I would highly recommend KAL Tire. They do a good job and you won't have any problems. Thanks to the group on University Park Drive for helping me out before heading to Y-Town.
-----
Time to head back to YQR. As I said, I'm hosting the Cage today since Rod Pedersen is off to Hamilton. Its Four Seasons Football Friday so I'll be joined by Scott Schultz. We'll tee you up for the Rider game tomorrow and we won't forget about the Rams-UBC game (that one is live on Access tonight at 8 I believe) and we won't forget about the Pats season opener in Brandon. Until then amigos....

No comments: