Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

Pat Burns Is Still Alive

From TSN.ca

In contrast to several erroneous reports earlier in the day, former NHL head coach Pat Burns is alive,

Burns phoned TSN on Friday.

"Here we go again," said the three-time NHL coach of the year. "They're trying to kill me before I'm dead. I come to Quebec to spend some time with my family and they say I'm dead. I'm not dead, far (expletive) from it. They've had me dead since June. Tell them I'm alive. Set them straight."

A report on Thursday suggested that Burns' condition had taken a turn for the worse.

The 58-year old has returned home to Magog, Quebec to be with his family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A bit of a sad statement on the state of the sports media these days. That's kind of a major screw-up!

Anonymous said...

Pat Burns has become nothing more than a Monty Python skit because of this. Someone didn't do their due diligence and it spread like wildfire. A lot of people (including you) have egg on your face today.