Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Seriously, I've Had Enough!!

As I sit here with the ice pellets hammering down on my house and Global's Heather Anderson saying roads are like a skating rink, I ask myself how anyone can be in the Christmas spirit when its like this outside. I've had enough of winter and it hasn't even started. Mother Nature is just laying the boots to us much like Crash Crimson lays the boots to Rex Roberts at High Impact Wrestling every month. The only saving grace is that we haven't had to endure 40 below, but I know that's coming. I'm hoping it doesn't, but realistically we all know it will.
-----
I'm in bad need of a haircut so I thought I would get one while at the Southland Mall on Tuesday. I walked into the establishment that is right across from the Safeway and there was not one soul there. The woman at the desk says you have about a 90 minute wait. "For what", I asked with a puzzled tone. "There's no one in here." The woman replied that there are four on a waiting list, yet these four were nowhere in sight while another woman sat in her barber's chair reading a book. Here's some advice---close your doors and go home for the day if you really don't want to work. I can buy the fact that people are ahead of me if indeed they are, but when there is no one there and a customer comes in to get his hair cut, you might want to oh I don't know CUT HIS HAIR???? What a frickin joke!!!
-----
Did anyone see the act that is Dion Phaneuf last night? I don't know what he was trying to prove with Taylor Hall and I'm not really sure if he was trying to come off as a big league douchebag in a post-game interview, but he did.
----
Am I the only one who hates that pitiful Johnny Cash imitator that sings "I won't back down" to advertise Flames and Oilers games on Sportsnet. BRUTAL!
----
This calendar is on sale at Chapters....



Really?? I need 365 different statements on this. A part of me wanted to get this for Saskatchewan's so called sexiest blogger, because this would be right down his alley and I could see him giving us daily or weekly updates, but I declined. However, SSB may run down to Chapters having seen this and buy his own. If updates do come, I do humbly apologize for giving him this idea.
-------
The Oilers trotted out their cheer team Tuesday night. The "Octane" girls is what they are being called. As much as an Oiler fan as I am, I really don't think they need ice girls. Canadian teams don't need ice girls. I just keep thinking these girls are just a way for Eberle and Hall to finalize their post-game plans while on the bench. Here's a look at the website for the team. Judge away! Personally, I think the girls in the "girls of Craven" calendar are much better than anyone of that squad, but that's just me.
-----
As you go out and hit the day knowing it will probably be a white-knuckle drive into work because of the freezing rain and snow, remember this. Its payday!!!!

No comments: