Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

And I Thought Price Was The Problem

How many of us have been to an NHL game? An MLB game? An NFL game? How about the NBA? Chances are you a lot of you are saying yes. How many of you have bought something to eat at said game. Again, a lot of you are probably raising your hand. You might not though the next time you go to see whoever play. Why? Reading this will answer the question. I think I just might get something before I go next time. EWWWWWW!!!
----
Terrell Owens has teamed up with Chad Ochocinco and will play with the Bengals this year. What's the over/under on that greasefire spreading out of control?
-----
Are you ready for Bon Jovi?
-----
Chili's is fast becoming my favourite Regina restaurant.
-----
If the Jays could play Baltimore every night, they would be a contender. Then again if the Regina Red Sox played Baltimore every night, they might be a contender too.
-----
Who knew Jose Bautista would hit 30 homeruns this year with two months to go? Seriously!
----
On May 29, Angels first baseman Kendry Morales broke his leg while celebrating a walk-off homerun with his teammates. I didn't think you could have any injury more bizarre---until this one. Marlins outfielder Chris Coghlan tore meniscus in his left knee when he threw a shaving cream pie into the face of teammate Wes Helms after a game Monday. Explain that one to the coach!
----
Saskenergy will sponsor Don Narcisse Day on August 12 in Regina. On that night the Riders play the BC Lions. Wouldn't it be great if number 80 was retired on that evening! Does he have one more Narco shuffle in him. I hope so!
-----

11 comments:

Glenn said...

While they're at it, have a Ray Elgaard day and retire 81 as well.Everytime I see 80 or 81 on the field, it doesn't look right if some other Rider is wearing those #'s.

Anonymous said...

Mitch,

#80 is my all-time favourite rider. I think he epitomized what it meant to be a rider. Not the fastest, or the biggest, but when it come time to be there, he was there and got the job done.

I don't think they'll retire his number. It'll open a WHOLE can of worms, as the only other comment points to.

That said, if they did Mitch, I'd be all for it. He deserves it.

for the record, no current rider is wearing #80 or #81 or #5.


Russ from Saskatoon

Anonymous said...

I just got back from Toronto having watched the last series at home against Boston before the All-Star break. I was relieved to see Skydome isn't bad. Remind me if I'm ever going to watch Ovechkin to do it on the road. YUCK!

Anonymous said...

Is Donovan Alexander not still no. 5?

Anonymous said...

Sorry to burst your bubble - Donovan Alexander is wearing #5 -

Anonymous said...

I was going to echo what Russ said until the above two comments. Was Alexander "5" last year? Wasn't he one of the ones who changed his jersey at the start of the season. Having said that though I thought P-Rod started the year with 5.

Bottom line is no one should be wearing 5 anymore either.

Dustin

Anonymous said...

What's not to like about Chili's. Great food and some hot waitresses. Works for me!!

mongo said...

love going to chili's in edmonton...great stuff...

mongo

Anonymous said...

http://www.saskriders.ca/roster/index/team/4/sort/last

go look. #5 is NOT listed.

Has he been released ?

Anonymous said...

never mind, he's on the injured list.

no one I didn't see it.

Glenn said...

Alexander wears # 5