Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Some Quick Thoughts

--Now that the Warriors have officially hired Mike Stothers as their new head coach, how much longer will Pats fans have to wait for the official announcement of theirs.

--If reports of Ryan McGill are out there as the new man, I would go with that unless there is a last minute snag. When there's smoke, there's fire.

--Back to the Warriors for a second, I think the idea to use public transit to get fans to and from the game at the new Multiplex is an outstanding idea. It works for Rider games so why wouldn't it work for MJ games. The only question I have is didn't those who decided where the building would be located not realize that parking would be a problem and try to do something about it. I hope Warrior fans really adopt this idea because it is a great one and they should be commended for it.

--Oh good, the National League has home field advantage for the World Series. It means Wrigley Field will be the host venue for Games 1 and 2 with the Cubs playing who... WHAT?? A guy can dream can't he. SIGHHHHHHH!!!

-----Baseball's all-star game is the best one out there because the game doesn't change, but it just doesn't hold my attention the way a normal game would

--Just imagine Chuck Norris with Brian Wilson's beard for a second. That would be downright scary!!!!



--Katy Perry is in town tonight and my 16 year old daughter could care less. She had no desire to get a ticket once that concert was announced.

--If the Environment Canada forecast is correct, we are looking for a weekend of 30 degree plus temperatures. That means a lot of time in the basement for this cowboy. I'm not and never have been one for the extreme heat.

--I will be in the Sportscage riding shotgun with Rod Pedersen today as I do most Wednesdays. I will assume the hosts chair Thursday and Friday with the Riders gone to Hamilton.

--The last Locker Talk for a while was taped last night at Access 7. Pete Paczko and myself are taking the summer months off before getting it going again in September. I don't have to tell many of you that Regina is a very great and a very diverse sporting community with many athletes young and old representing themselves and their sports and their city in tremendous fashion. I love giving these athletes and organizations the 15 minutes of air time that they might not otherwise get with the exception of the paper. The TV stations and the radio stations for the most part just don't  have  time in their allotted windows to do more amateur sports stuff.

--I heard someone mention that Marcel Bellefeuille might be playing for his job Saturday when the Riders are there. I would think a loss followed by his dismissal would be a little premature on the Ti-Cats behalf. Much like it would if a team in green were to go 0-3.

--If early indications mean anything, I think more people bought Fantuz Flakes right off the bat than Darios. I've been to the Co-op and have had no problem in getting the cereal. I couldn't find the cereal last year after it first went on the shelves.

--Andrew Cogliano's time in Edmonton had come to an end, but I think the Oilers could have gotten more for him. Why do the Oilers always trade with Western Conference rivals. I would have much rather seen Cogs in Pittsburgh or New Jersey or any Eastern team.

--If the NHL is going to re-align divisions, lets have an all-Canadian division. Geographically, I know that won't work, but it would be fun.

--Steelers linebacker James Harrison should donate his brain to science when he leaves football, but his comments this week suggest to me that perhaps he doesn't have a brain. You aren't making any friends there big guy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard the City of MJ was planning on making some nearby lots into parking space, but the people who own them smell money and are waiting it out. Not sure if that's true or not though.

I wouldn't mind seeing Katy Perry, but in her hotel room instead...giggity

Little Johnny

Anonymous said...

There are a lot of athletes and organizations that don't get the publicity in the mainstream media. Access does a good job of making sure those who should be publicized do whether it be through that show or the play by play that they do.

Jim

Anonymous said...

Harrison spouting off on Goodell is one thing, but spouting off on your running back and quarterback is another thing. I'm guessing Mr. Tomlin will be calling him very soon to "discuss" this matter.


JN

Anonymous said...

0-2 brings out a lot of idiots. Whatever team goes 0-3 this weekend won't be making wholesale changes.

Anonymous said...

True enough anonymous, but when we're 0-6, then I'll remind you of that comment.