Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Superman Returns

The BC Lions Football Club announced this morning that slotback Geroy Simon has signed a contract extension with the team.

“Geroy continues to put up big numbers and is on the verge of becoming the CFL’s all-time leader in reception yardage,” said VP of football operations and GM Wally Buono. “His durability, work ethic and clutch performances are something I know fans and teammates have come to expect.”

“Our offence thrives when we are able to get the ball in Geroy’s hands,” said head coach Mike Benevides. “He is the kind of player every team wants to have and build around. Geroy will never be outworked or stop challenging himself or his teammates and that’s vital to our success.”

Simon led all Lions receivers in 2011 and ranked second overall in the league with 1,350 yards and eight touchdowns on 84 receptions. Earning a CFL All-Star selection for sixth time in his 13-year career to date, he is now within 66 yards of Milt Stegall’s all-time receiving yardage mark of 15,153.

“British Columbia is my home and I’m very happy so sign another extension,” said Simon. “I feel as good as now as I have at any time in my career and I can’t wait to get back on the field and defend our title.”

(From BC Lions)

No comments: