Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Bellefeulle Signs Extension

HAMILTON -- The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced today that Head Coach Marcel Bellefeuille has signed a new contract extension with the team.

"I am happy to make a commitment to Marcel as I'm confident that he is the right guy to lead this team now and in the future," said General Manager Bob O'Billovich. "This signing creates even more stability in our organization and I look forward to seeing Marcel continue to lead our team in the right direction."

In 2009, his first full season as a head coach, Bellefeuille was nominated for the CFL Coach of the Year award after guiding the Ticats to a 9-9 record, second place in the East Division and a home playoff game.

"I am pleased and grateful that the Tiger-Cats family has given me an opportunity to be part of this organization," said Bellefeuille. "I am excited to continue the process of developing our on-field product. My family and I are looking forward to further integrating ourselves into the community."

Bellefeuille was officially named the 20th head coach in team history on October 27, 2008 after taking over the team on an interim basis a month earlier. He originally joined the Black and Gold as offensive coordinator on December 19, 2007.

Before joining the Ticats, Bellefeuille spent two seasons with the Montreal Alouettes and five with the Saskatchewan Roughriders in offensive coaching capacities. He previously served as Head Coach at the University of Ottawa, where he led the Gee-Gees to a Vanier Cup championship in 2000.

No comments: