Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Uh Oh!

Did you hear those boos cascading down from the Shark Tank last night? Do you think the San Jose faithful have had enough of first round failures from their hockey heroes? There is no team under more pressure to succeed in these playoffs than the Sharks. They must send a message, and to some, they must win it all. Once again though it would look as if the word urgency is not in their vocabulary. Yes, it is just one game in, but Colorado has already planted that seed after taking Game 1 2-1 as they win it in the last minute. Was Colorado the better team? Yes! Did they have more hunger to their game? Yes! Did San Jose get some bad bounces? Yes! If you are watching the highlights this morning, take a look at Joe Thornton on the game-winning goal and see if you can tell me what he is doing. I sure can't tell. One game does not a series win, but if you are a Sharks supporter, you can't be feeling good today.
-----
Player of the night--Erik Karlsson. The Senators d-man didn't play like a 19 year old in his first NHL playoff game. He looked like a seasoned vet out there getting a goal and an assist as Ottawa upset the Penguins. An honorable mention goes to Brian Boucher of the Flyers.
----
The Raptors aren't making the playoffs. Should this surprise anyone? I know there aren't many basketball fans that read this blog, but I am thinking I might have to watch a few NBA playoff games---especially in the West where all eight teams go in having won 50 games this season. In fact, I think hockey and basketball fans are in for a very rewarding two months.
-----
You know I love watching "24". I have to PVR it most weeks though and catch up on it later in the week. I watched this week's show tonight. Sadly, I knew what was going to happen this week because someone accidentally spoiled it for me, but how can you kill off Renee Walker---especially after Jack just finished getting freaky with her! Poor Jack, he just can't win no matter how hard he tries. The guy that fired the bullet that killed his woman is going to get it and he is going to get it good. He will get it in only a way Jack Bauer can deliver it.
-----
Hey guys, tell your ladies that Victoria's Secret is coming to the West Edmonton Mall. I wonder if they will put it beside Hooters?
-----
As you start your Thursday, I ask you this.

Can a cross-eyed teacher control her pupils?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

If Karlsson is the player of the night, Fleury is the goat of the night. Rebounds son, control your rebounds. Who really in their right mind expects San Jose to beat Colorado with that star-studded lineups of half-assed wannabes. Seeing Doug Wilson get pissed off at the end just made me laugh. What? You thought this team had changed. Pathetic! Tell your buddy Remenda his team sucks!

Mitchell Blair said...

He might already know that, and I keep telling you, I have not talked to Drew since the day I left. The guy didn't call, text, e-mail or nothing so I haven't kept a dialogue with him.

Anonymous said...

4 1 goal games. What a great night of hockey!



JN

KevinK said...

Mitch,
I get the feeling you are not that surprised. I know after I left the label a number of people I worked closely with suddenly forgot my number.
It looks good on San Jose though - they always come across as an arrogant team.

Anonymous said...

How many pts did Thornton, Marleau and Heatley have last night. It must have been a big game for SJ because they were no-shows again.

If the playoffs are like last night, it will be great.

Damn that Russian sniper for offing Renee. I loved her!

Glenn

Anonymous said...

Nice snub by Remenda. The guy is seemingly as arrogant and as much a prick off the air as he is on. You carried that show for how long and he thanks you by saying nothing. Nice!



Trevor

Anonymous said...

Gotta agree with Trevor. That's just sad! Did he have something to do with your dismissal? Sounds to me as if he did! If its because you knew more about sports than him, I'm guessing Nye will be sitting on the unemployment line too. You and Nye would be much better together.

Randy