Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2009

I Suck!!

Was I the only person in Regina who did not go to see MC Hammer on Sunday night as Buffalo Days(it will always be that to me) wrapped up. It would sure seem that way, although some of my Facebook friends said they too missed the show. I would have liked to have seen Hammer and done some people watching, but the wife had no desire to go back to the exhibition after two trips this week and I didn't want to go by myself. Going to the fair by yourself is a little creepy. One of my friends said I could have left her at home which I could have, but I'm leaving her at home next week. Why is that?? Simple--the WWE is in town. She wouldn't want anything to do with me at that event anyhow. Speaking of which, when is High Impact Wrestling returning. Rumour says the new home could be the Victoria Club.
-----
I went 0-4 this week on my CFL picks. OUCH!!! Oh well, that means I took Calgary and they didn't win. Shucks damn!! Its a short week for the Riders as they are in BC Friday meaning they will be back on the practice field tomorrow. I won't be there, but I'm guessing there will be smiles all around and why shouldn't there be. As I've said, Saturday's game may have been a season-saver. Now you head to Vancouver knowing a win over the Lions and you would have to self-destruct big time to have them catch you. You would have two wins over them head-to-head and you would be three wins ahead of them in the standings. That would likely mean no crossover and that the road to MacMahon would go through the West.
-----
Just some random thoughts after Week 5

--Yeah the Bombers won with Michael Bishop at quarterback. Sorry, there's still a lot of work to do in Winnipeg.
--Will Kerry Joseph ever be able to recapture his form of 2007. The more I see KJ struggle, the more I admire Kent Austin for the job he did with him. He's now doing that with Jevan Snead at Ole Miss and there is talk Snead could be a late first round selection in the 2010 NFL draft.
--Why doesn't Weston Dressler get more recognition across the league??
--Why doesn't Weston Dressler have a nickname yet??
--Henry Burris is a bad dancer, and yes I think that he was using the intro of the Purple Cobras in Dodgeball when he went in the endzone.
--No one is talking about Ricky Ray being washed up anymore are they??
--The Hamilton Tiger-Cats are one game behind first place Montreal in the CFL East. That's good for the entire CFL.
--I wonder what Wally Buono is thinking these days??? BTW: Is it just me or does the guy in the Boston Pizza Win a Trip ads remind you of Wally.
--The Argos should strike a deal to play their home games at BMO Field---home of Toronto FC.
--With BC struggling having lost the likes of Wake, Clermont, Logan, Williams, Murphy and Bates, it only magnifies how good of a coach Ken Miller is when he had to go into 2008 without Joseph, Perry, Hunt and then dealing with all the injuries he had and getting 12 wins out of the team. They should do the coach of the year voting again.
--Someone at TSN or in the CFL offices should let Glen Suitor know its OK to point out holding calls on offensive linemen in the league.
--Seeing Sandro De Angelis miss a field goal that could have given his team a win that turned into a loss puts a big smile on my face.
--Seeing the way Rey Williams has played, have Rider fans forgotten about Mo Lloyd. I have!
-------

------

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hammer was AWESOME!! It was great when some Riders got up at the end of the night. He surprisingly was outstanding and is still as smooth as ever.

Speaking of smooth, Henry and his Dodgeball Dance was smooth too. Too bad it was all in a losing effort.

As long as Getzlaf is here, I could care less if we keep Fantuz at the end of the season. If his heart is in southern Ontario, go there then. I've met the guy a couple of times and he comes off as sort of a knob.

Mo who??

LD

Tyler said...

Weston "Will Shock and Impress Ya" Dresslah!

Yeah, when it comes to nicknames, U Can't Touch This.

Anonymous said...

That's funny, Fantuz said the same thing about you.