Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Coyote Ugly

The clock hit midnight for the fairy-tale season of the Phoenix Coyotes Tuesday night. The Wings went out and completely dismantled the Dogs to a tune of 6-1 in what was a Game 7 dud. This was the Detroit team everyone expected to see as Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, etc, etc completely dominated. If the Wings play San Jose the way they did Game 7, it will be a short series with the Wings moving to the West final for what seemingly would be the umpteenth year in a row.
-----
I heard the start of the Phoenix-Detroit game on XM Radio and I kept hearing the Phoenix play-by-play games refer to "Pyett". I thought former Pats defenceman Logan Pyett who has been called up by Detroit had found his way into an NHL game. Just as I turned on the TV, Chris Cuthbert told me Taylor Pyatt had the puck for Phoenix. I forgot that Taylor was a Coyote.
-----
Those Hab fans that had crawled noisily out of their closet after a great start against Washington had quietly gone back in, but they are starting to sneak out again. One can only wonder how long it will take for Montreal fans to talk about Cup number whatever it is should they upset the Capitals tonight. Halak doesn't have it in him to steal a 3rd game does he?
-----
If you've got 5 minutes to kill, check this out and try to keep the laughing down.



That might be the funniest 5 hockey related minutes I've seen all year.
------
Jordan Eberle should be named the WHL's best player later today in Edmonton. You have to think he has the inside track to being named the CHL"s best during Memorial Cup week. The WHL bantam draft also takes place tomorrow in Edmonton. The Star-Phoenix's Cory Wolfe had a mock first round in Tuesday's LP. It has the Pats taking Calgary born forward Morgan Klimchuk with the 5th pick. We will see. I also can't help but wonder after hearing the statements of Brent Parker earlier this week if the team will trade down.
-----
I wonder how Cole Bergquist feels knowing very few in the Rider Nation are willing to give him a shot as the backup quarterback. Instead, they seek experience (Joseph, Dinwiddie) in the backup spot. Be careful for what you wish for people. Having a back-up just makes a quarterback controversy that much easier if Darian Durant should struggle. For what its worth, I don't think Durant will struggle. I wonder what happened to the clown who kept ragging on me last year when I kept saying Durant was the man. I believe he said I didn't know football and that Durant wouldn't be the starter by Week 6. He's probably the same person that didn't realize Rod and Reid Pedersen are brothers. That's OK, no apology needed!
------
I wonder how CFL commish Marc Cohon feels when he hears David Braley's idea of re-instituting TV blackouts for Argo home games.
----
I wonder how Tiger Woods feels as he sees the Jenna Jameson-Tito Ortiz story play itself out.
-----
How are you feeling?
------
The ESPN 30 for 30 series is great. The features on Gretzky's trade, the death of Hank Gathers and the University of Miami football team are must-watch TV, but the Ricky Williams story is absolutely incredible. Don't miss it when it comes on!
-----
I entitled today's blog post "Coyote Ugly". Have any of you ever been to the Coyote Ugly bars across the U-S like the one in Denver. If you haven't, do so. The one in Denver is outstanding. I can only imagine the discussion if a bar like that found its way to Regina.
-----
Is it really only Wednesday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The ESPN 30 for 30 series will also have a doc on Terry Fox, produced by Steve Nash . . .yes that Steve Nash -- the most ridiculous man in the world.

Anonymous said...

Great video! I'm feeling fine today. Thanks for asking.



JN

Anonymous said...

Man there have been several jokes about that Tito Jamison saga. This has potential to become a real train wreck.

Little Johnny

James said...

Hey Mitch, I don't see many Rider fans at all wanting Joseph or Dimwiddle to come into camp, just Vanstone.