Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Pascal Dupuis, You're Next

Welcome to May! Just one more month to go until we can start seriously talking about Saskatchewan Roughrider football. I get the feeling its going to be a great, great month. Until then though......


How are you doing in your hockey drafts? If you took Capitals, I'm sure you are fuming. I went into my draft thinking it would be a Chicago-Buffalo final, but with Sabres disappearing left, right and center, I had to go for the 2nd tier of Penguin players available. I ended up with four of them, Jordan Staal, Jordan Leopold, Pascal Dupuis and Tyler Kennedy. The hockey gods have obviously discovered this and are systematically taking these guys out.
Andy Sutton is responsible for two of them. His hit on Kennedy in Game 2 of the Ottawa series left him with a leg injury---an injury that he has not returned from. Sutton then laid out Leopold in Game 3 of that series meaning I was down two.
Thus imagine my joy Friday night as I watched Jordan Staal leave with what is being described as a high ankle sprain. Those can keep you out of the lineup for a while too. As I said, if Pascal Dupuis should be injured for a length of time, you can blame it on me. I have somehow angered the hockey gods.
-----
As for Game 1, the Canadiens couldn't match the formula of success that they had against Washington against Pittsburgh. Well, Jaroslav Halak didn't. Montreal didn't really play much worse than they had against Washington, they just didn't get the same effort from their goalie. Halak looked human as Pittsburgh took the opener 6-3.
-----
Game 1 of the WHL final was a one-sided affair. The Hitmen stormed out of the gate to take a 4-0 lead as they crushed Tri-Cities 7-0. Lets hope its not like this for the whole series.
-----
Word has it the establishment of a full-fledged grocery store at Walmart in the south end is kicking the crap out of other grocery stores across Regina and not just the south end. It would seem as if Safeway has lowered their prices. Sobeys is doing what they can too. Is Superstore? I don't often go for groceries there so I wouldn't know.
-----
My good friend "Mongo" has sent me the following link. Try this for breakfast...

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=10499682
-----
This caught me off guard. The Nielsen company in the U-S took a poll asking what major league baseball team is hated the most. Calls were made to all states with many people being asked. So what team is most despised. If you guessed the Yankees, you would be wrong. Same if you said the Red Sox. If you answered, the Cleveland Indians, you would be right. Cleveland? It brings up a great question. That question being what team do you hate the most. I'm guessing Rider fans would say Calgary or BC. I'm interested in knowing what team you can't stand so if you don't mind, leave it in the comments section.
-----
I have no problem with Friday's Sunshine Girl. No problem whatsoever!
----
Chris Bosh is asking his Twitter followers if he should stay in Toronto or not. Why not just go out and buy a magic 8-ball Chris?
-----
Tiger shoots a 79? When's the last time he did that. Last time I checked, his score was 121 and counting.
----
Stay dry and behave. Try to at least!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Word is Staal is done for the year because he suffered a tendon injury.

My wife shops at the south Safeway and says the traffic in there has lessened significantly since Walmart jumped into the grocery wars.

Pancakes/cheesecake. I'm down with that!

Jason

Anonymous said...

My dad told me growing up that I had to hate the Eskimos. I have lived up to that. I don't care if Richie Hall is now their coach. I would love to see them go ofer the season.


CG

Anonymous said...

I have started hating Calgary because of all their constant showboating and whining.

Anonymous said...

I'm not going to help your survey much because I have two hates. I love beating the Stamps because of their showboating and whining but I feel that BC and their piped in crowd noise should be illegal, they'll really have to crank the volume button this year playing outdoors in their temporary digs.