Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Pancakes Fell Penner

As an Edmonton Oilers fan, I really shouldn't be surprised at this. I can't wait for all the jokes to start once this gets out there...


Delicious pancakes truly are delicious, but rarely does the consuming of said pancakes lead to injury, outside of the usual indigestion suffered when too many delicious pancakes are eaten. So it’s somewhat surprising that L.A. Kings forward Dustin Penner would hurt his back while enjoying some of his wife’s delicious pancakes, but he did.

For a player whose conditioning and weight are forever being criticized since joining the Kings, suffering a pancakes related injury will only add fuel to the fire. Penner is listed as Day-to-Day from January 7 and is out forMonday’s game against the Capitals.

Says Penner about his back spasms (from the LA Kings Insider)…

“Not bad. Better than yesterday. I woke up fine, sat down to eat and it locked right up. It never happened to me before. I couldn’t stand up. I was probably at the third stage of evolution. So my wife helped me get dressed, and then I drove to the rink here, to hope they could do some magic and get it opened up. Kinger [trainer Chris Kingsley] just looked at me and said, `Go home.’ So I got some treatment and went home.

“Apparently it’s one of those mysterious things, where you can throw it out (from) sneezing. I just leaned over to dip into some delicious pancakes that my wife made. It’s just like it [the pain] wraps around you and squeezes. … So it was disappointing. Hopefully it’s just an isolated incident, and not something that’s going to become chronic.”

Penner had to learn the hard way of the dangerousness of pancakes, and now he, and his team, are suffering the consequences. Maybe next time he’ll stick to waffles, the flapjack’s safer, albeit less glamorous, breakfast item.

(From yahoo.com)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha. Awsome, I once had a roomate that threw his back out doing laundry...he still gets teased about it. Lol