Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

WHL's Top Team On The Ropes

Moose Jaw Warriors play-by-play man James Gallo called it perhaps the most important game in the history of the hockey club since their run to the WHL final a few years ago. No doubt about it, it was huge and the Warriors came through.
With Gallo losing his mind(and deservedly so), Moose Jaw held off a 3rd period rally to beat the Calgary Hitmen 4-3 meaning they are up in their first round series 3-1 and are one win away from what would be a monumental upset. Game 5 will be in Calgary Thursday with Game 6 if necessary going at what I'm guessing will be a raucous Civic Centre.
----
Meanwhile, a hockey game was played in Regina and no one seemed to notice. Less than 15-hundred showed up at the Brandt Centre to watch Brandon beat Swift Current 5-2. That's highly disappointing. Yes, the Pats aren't involved, but it is playoff hockey. It was a night to just go and enjoy yourself with no loyalties to either team. I guess many didn't see it that way.
-----
As you have seen in the post below, the Blades got slapped hard for that line brawl at the end of Game 2. GM and Coach Lorne Molleken and some players are getting suspended for their actions while only one member of the Rebels gets suspended with their coach Jesse Wallin getting off with nothing. I find it laughable that Wallin doesn't get suspended for at least one game. Yes, he didn't make the comments Molleken made after the game and yes, he may not have told Josh Cowen to run Steven Stamford, but to give Molleken that stiff of a suspension and give Wallin nothing is a head-scratcher. If I were a Rebels goalie, I would be very careful when venturing out from the crease for the rest of this series.
-----
I've tried watching the Kamloops-Vancouver series on Access, but I just can't get into it. I would much rather be watching an Eastern Conference series. We will get one in round 2 so I will start watching then and I'll then be watching the rest of the way.
-----
Craig McTavish is going to coach the Canadian entry at the World Hockey Championships. He'll get to renew relationships with some of his old Edmonton players. Correct me if I am wrong, but did McTavish not say he would have Jordan Eberle on his 2014 Olympic team. If he did, don't be surprised to see Eberle playing for Team Canada this year. Mark Messier is the GM of that team. I wonder what he thinks of Ebs.
----
I love the fact the NFL is changing its overtime rules, now do it for regular season games as well. Make everything uniform.
----
How much longer till training camp starts?
----
As you go into Wednesday, I ask you this.....

Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow? Only to be troubled and insecure?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mitch...were you out there tonight at twhe Brandt??

You can't complain about no one else being there if you were sitten on your couch!!

Mitchell Blair said...

If my head didn't feel like it was going to explode, I would have been. Its playoff hockey!

Anonymous said...

15 hundred is an embarassment, but I wonder how many that might have gone here went to Moose Jaw. Its a far more compelling series you gotta agree. I'll be at the Brandt Centre tonight and I'm guessing others will be as well. A crowd of around 3-thousand will be nice.
Mitch, be glad you've got a head cold and not the stomach flu that's been going around. Its nasty!

Glenn

Anonymous said...

If Calgary wins Game 5, there may never be a more electric atmosphere for a hockey game at the Civic Centre than what Game 6 will be. It might be the last memory of the old girl and what she can do to help the old team out.

Anonymous said...

The Blades got screwed plain and simple. This may not hurt now, but it might in the 2nd round. I love what Mooner did, but perhaps he should have waited until the start of Game 3 and not the end of Game 2 to send the message.

David

Anonymous said...

Training camp is sadly still two months and a bit away.