Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

I Wonder.....

I love my XM Satellite radio. I can listen to ESPN and FOX Sports Radio along with play by play of just about any sport. Driving home from Weyburn yesterday I listened to not only GX 94's broadcast of the Flin Flon Bombers-Yorkton Terriers game (nice job Craig, but your colour guy sucked--oh wait that's my brother in law so yeah he did), but I also listened to the Packers-Niners game and the Dolphins-Browns game. I had to go out last night and I caught the end of the Dallas-Indy game. As much as I love the fact that I can get the games, I wish I could get the call-in shows after from the losing team. The reason being I would love to know if after throwing 4 INT's which basically cost the Colts the game, if any Colts fan would dare throw Peyton Manning under the bus along with certain members of the coaching staff the way they do here.

Its no secret that I think some in the Rider Nation and other teams as well should basically not be allowed to communicate in any fashion for 24 hours after a game because some of the stupidity that comes out of the mouths of some is not to be believed at times. While I'm sure there is a passionate fan base in Indianapolis, I'm guessing no one is calling for Peyton to sit for a game or that Jim Caldwell must go or whatever. By the way, let me get this straight-----DALLAS BEAT THE COLTS IN INDY???? How many survivor pools went up in smoke with that result or the Raiders beating San Diego. Why am I thinking that Premier Brad Wall may declare it Raiders day in Saskatchewan if they continue to play the way they are.
------
I went for three whole days without a cup of Tim Hortons Coffee even though they have one in Weyburn. I'm not one to sit in line in the drive-through for a cup of Timmies even though some would sit in line all day for it. I managed to survive on rink coffee for three days. You could probably survive without Timmies for three days too if you tried. Perhaps you should.
-----
One of my friends experienced something I see all the time and it bothers him the same way it bothers me. He is standing in line (coincidentally at a Tim Hortons wanting a coffee) and there are people in front of him. Its been a wait of a couple of minutes and when the line gets to the people in front of him, they don't know what they want. If you are standing in a line for more than two minutes and you don't know what you want when it comes to being your turn, you lose your privileges. Get out of the line as you should know by now what you want. All you are doing is pissing people off behind you. Why? How? These are things I don't understand.
-----
I had a few people tell me that the Saturday Christmas rush is on if the traffic and the hostilities in the parking lots of Regina malls meant anything. Who's kidding who, there is no Christmas spirit when you are trying to find that ultimate parking spot only to have some schmuck steal it right in front of you or ignore any traffic etiquette in the lots thus creating a lot of grumbling, fussing and one finger salutes. HO HO HO!!!
-----
I know its only one weekend of play, but after watching them play and talking to people about their game, I think the Yorkton Terriers are the best team in the SJHL. They don't really have a weakness that I can see right now. Trent Cassan is doing a great job with this team. That being said, there are a lot of good teams in this league and it won't be easy for the Terriers to get out of their conference much less the league. Its going to be a great stretch run with many teams having a legitimate shot at carrying the SJHL banner into the ANAVET Cup and hopefully the RBC in Camrose.
-----
If the story is right, the Blue Jays are going to trade Shawn Marcum to the Milwaukee Brewers for Canadian prospect Brett Lawrie(a very good player). I think this is just the start of something much bigger for the Jays. I can't see them losing a talented arm unless they are getting one back which makes me think they may end up getting Zack Greinke from Kansas City.
------
How long will it take for the Riders to find a new coach? Personally, I would love it if they hired him the week of Dec 20-23. Yes, those that have been saying I need to be on "Sportscage" more will get their wish as RP is going on holidays so I'm going to be filling in. In fact, you are going to hear a lot of me on the CKRM airwaves over the month of December. I know, I know, I don't know what they are thinking either. I told Rod its easy back in March and April when he told me about the formation of the show that its easy doing two hours of sports talk a day. There are times though when that's not the case---like around Christmas. I'll get through it. I have in the past and I will again. I'm thinking I may have better options at my disposal than what I had at the previous place as well. However, if the Riders want to name said replacement for Ken Miller during that stretch, it will make the gig a WHOLE lot easier.
----
Scratch Marc Trestman off the list of one place he had been rumoured in going cuz it doesn't look like he will be in the Big Ten doing his thing. The University of Minnesota has hired a new football coach. It had been rumoured that Trestman would get that gig.
------
I still think the Atlanta Falcons are the best team in the NFC and they may be creeping up the ladder when it comes to who might be the best in the NFL.
------
Fellas, a question for you. What do you touch more? Your wife/girlfriend or your cellphone. If its the latter, you might have a problem!
-----
Ciao!

6 comments:

Jeff said...

I love Durant but putting him in the same class as Manning? Cmon are you serious?

Anonymous said...

Do your Christmas shopping online. You stay in the house and avoid the malls. Its the best way to go!

Dustin

Anonymous said...

Totally agree with you on the Manning thing Mitch. I've often told people that certain factions of Rider fans would have run Brett Favre out of town if he ever played for this team. The abuse Durant takes is probably worse than what any other QB has it in the CFL.

Chris G

Anonymous said...

"I'm glad the best game of the weekend in the NFL is the Monday niter. Jets-Patriots should be a dandy. Pittsburgh-Baltimore probably will be a good one tonight too, but it will probably be 13-10"

Good prediction Blair !!!!

Anonymous said...

GO TERRIERS!!! Spent many a night in Yorkton watching the Terriers and try to plan trips back around their home games.


Scott

Anonymous said...

Sateliite radio is great. It means I don't have to listen to the crap that Regina radio has.
I listen to Gormley the odd time (however I won't after hearing the clueless goofball that was on Friday) and of course I listen to Roddie on the Cage, but that is it. There's nothing like coming home from Lumsden after a kids hockey game and listening to the NHL on XM.


DR