Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Weekend In Weyburn - Pt 2

If you've read the blog, you know I am in Weyburn for the SJHL showcase. Weyburn has many things, but one thing it doesn't have is an ability for me to sleep. I guess when you are out consuming some "bevvies" with the broadcasters and telling stories and hearing them that will happen. After schmoozing with Big Cool Kevin Smith from Weyburn and Dan O'Connor on Friday, I went back to the same place on Saturday night with Rob Hart of Flin Flon and Melfort/Humboldt/Nipawin p x p guy Gino DePaoli. I am now referring to Gino as my number one hockey source named Gino as he has replaced Reda atop the rankings. Gino has actually owned the Showcase. He has brought all of Humboldt, Nipawin and Melfort's games back to people on CJVR. Its not easy doing multiple games with very little rest time, but he's been pulling it off like a pro this weekend. Good job Gino!
----
Its been a good weekend of hockey with a lot of good games. Its too bad some cameras weren't here to show off the goal that La Ronge's Marc-Andre Carre scored against the Battlefords. Mike Stackhouse and I did that game for Access, so if you can catch it watch for it, its a dandy.
-----
I heard Mike Lange refer to Sidney Crosby last nite as "The Wizard of Croz" . I'm hoping that nickname DOESN'T stick.
----
If you are an Oilers fan like me, you have to love seeing what you are seeing from Taylor Hall and Jordan Eberle. Watching these two together on the ice is fun. The Oilers are on their way back!
----
I'm thinking Robert Pattinson hates fish. Mike Stackhouse might be the only person who understands what I just said.
-----
I'm glad the best game of the weekend in the NFL is the Monday niter. Jets-Patriots should be a dandy. Pittsburgh-Baltimore probably will be a good one tonight too, but it will probably be 13-10.
-----
The line of the day from a US sportswriter talking about Saturday in College Football. We needed Oregon State (Beavers) to beat Oregon and South Carolina (Gamecocks) to beat Auburn to throw the BCS title picture into chaos. His line---many in America were rooting for Beavers and Cocks, but they let us down. I don't even think Sportsnet's Arash Madani could come up with something that clever.
------
There is talk the Blue Jays would like to trade for Kansas City starting pitcher Zack Greinke. Travis Snider's name is being mentioned and so is that of Kyle Drabek who was one of the pieces of the Halladay trade. If you can deal Drabek for Greinke, I might go for that, but I would try and see if KC wanted an arm that is major league ready like Marc (I'm not even going to try spelling his last name).
-----
Was it really just a week since the Grey Cup game was played. I don't know about you, but this was a long seven days.
------

No comments: