Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I Can't Wait

I put this up on Riderville.com last week. I think a lot of you are in the same boat as me.


I don’t know about you, but I keep watching the clock tick closer and closer and closer to the beginning of the 2010 season.

I don’t know if the pain of last year’s Grey Cup loss has entirely gone away, but I am more than ready to get on what should be another great ride as this team looks to capture the trophy that eluded them last November.

I can’t wait to see how Darian Durant looks and if, and how much he will continue to improve. If he stays healthy, this could be Durant’s season to shine. One can only imagine what type of numbers he might be able to put up with the weapons he has on offence.

I can’t wait to see the further emergence of players like Chris Getzlaf, Stu Foord and Chris McKenzie. I can’t wait to see how Prechae Rodriguez fits in the offensive scheme. I can’t wait for Andy Fantuz to reach those mammoth hands up in the air and come down with a pass that not many receivers would come down with. I can’t wait to see a healthy Weston Dressler running routes.

I can’t wait to see the intense battles that will be staged at defensive end and linebacker, and I can’t wait to see how number one draft pick Shomari Williams and other highly touted rookies perform in a professional environment.

I can’t wait to see 30-thousand people pack into Mosaic Stadium and I can’t wait for the team to emerge from under the helmet for the first time.

I can’t wait for Head Coach Ken Miller to step on the field with clipboard in hand and blow that whistle to officially begin training camp. I know you feel the same way.

No comments: