Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Rider Moves

The Saskatchewan Roughriders announced today they have made the following roster moves.



ADD - Import DL – Ikenna Ike

DELETE - Import DB – Carlos Armour

DELETE - Import LB – Jim Maxwell

RETIRE - Non-import LB – Aaron Wagner



Ike (6’2 – 245 lbs) played four years at Fresno State where he tallied 121 defensive tackles, 11 sacks and one forced fumble in 30 games at defensive end. The 23-year old was named Fresno State Defensive Lineman of the Year and earned academic accolades throughout his college career.



Wagner joined the Riders in February, 2009 after being acquired in a trade from Toronto. He dressed in nine games for the Riders in 2009 before missing the remainder of the season with a knee injury.



"I have been very fortunate to continue to play the game that I love for so many years,” stated Wagner. “I love the game, I love the fans, and I still truly love my teammates. Many of which will be lifelong friends. I have learned a lot from so many people and I have memories that will never leave me.”



“Unfortunately, between the injuries I have sustained and the great business opportunities that I have come my way, myself and my family have decided that it is best for me at this time to step away from the game, and full heartedly pursue my business career,” he concluded. “I want to thank the CFL, the fans, and the Roughriders for everything they have done for me and I will be a fan for life!"

No comments: