Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

What A Crappy Weekend!

Isn't the May long weekend the unofficial start to summer? Can we just go back to work Monday and have another long weekend in June when the weather will co-operate. I'm guessing the campgrounds are empty, the barbecues are quiet and the patios are closed because of what we've seen so far---and its not getting any better.
----
Are the Habs done? Philly seems to have their number. As the Capitals and Penguins found out though, that 4th win is the toughest. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see this series go back to the Bell Centre for a 6th game. Meanwhile, I think the Sharks are done today. Chicago just looks too good. Perhaps a loss would be good for the Hawks if it means a long layoff, but I can't see San Jose pulling one of those Flyer comebacks.
-----
The Orlando Magic are done! I have never seen a less inspired team than what I saw from them last night. Then again when Vince Carter is one of your featured players, what should you expect!
-----
Criminal Minds is a show I really should watch more.
-----
It wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit if someone just beat the living you know what out of the guy in these Old Spice commercials.
----
With the weather being the way it is, its hard to think that one week from today is the start of the 2010 Western Major Baseball League season.
----
Nothing against the WHL, but I am rooting for Windsor in today's Memorial Cup final.
-----
Why wouldn't an NHL team be interested in making a deal for Jason Spezza? Is there something here I don't know.
---
Say what you will about Chris Pronger, but the guy makes winners out of those around him. If the Flyers go to the finals, he will have been in 3 of the 6 Stanley Cup finals since the lockout. He'll be a first ballot hall of famer. He'll likely get booed at the ceremony!
----
Blue Jays fans, how about this. Toronto's record of 25-20 leaves them 3rd in the AL East--seven back of Tampa. That same record would have the Jays leading or right behind the leaders in just about every other division. Meanwhile, the Cubs are four games under 500 and just continue to flounder along. It might be time to make some sweeping changes very soon. Can I start the Ryne Sandberg for manager campaign on a little-known Canadian sports blog?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do the Cubs have to lose? Ineptitude is part of their culture, and something needs to be done with their under-achieving roster. Moving Carlos Zambrano would be a start.

Anonymous said...

I can't cheer for a Kelly McCrimmon team. GO WINDSOR!

Anonymous said...

Spezza is like Heatley. He's too much of a me-me-me guy. He just doesn't get the ink Heatley does because Spezza comes to work and does his job. I think that work ethic makes him too expesnive for anyone.

Mike from Vita, MB said...

Whose going to the Salt mines now that Russia has lost ANOTHER World Hockey Championship? That place must be mighty full by now, LOL!!